Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Coupes, Bentley, Driving

Click above for high-res gallery of the 2009 Bentley Brooklands

As the youngest of three brothers, I'm used to hand-me-downs. Hand-me down toys, hand-me-down clothes, and yes, even hand-me-down cars. Perhaps this explains when a vehicle arrives in the Autoblog Garage with over 8,000 journalist-driven miles on its odometer (as most do), I don't mind. Though the scars of past judgments are often plain to see, we're happy enough to be reviewing these vehicles at all.

Last Wednesday I stepped off a plane at Newark Liberty International Airport and into a 2009 Bentley Brooklands. My mission was to drive it some 550 miles to Cleveland, OH where it would be picked up and driven back to Bentley's North American headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI. When I got in, the odometer read 285 miles... total. I realized then that this was no hand-me-down review vehicle. Having been parked in Bentley's display at the 2008 New York Auto Show for the past three weeks, this Brooklands was taking its maiden voyage on U.S. soil with me at the helm.

Gallery: First Drive: 2009 Bentley Brooklands

Photos Copyright (C)2008 John Neff / Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading Very First Drive: 2009 Bentley Brooklands

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.