Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a super new member and like to get some insights on some things that would be best for my evo ( i have had it from day one in 2010 ) i hardly drive it due to my job and like to do a few upgrades any info ( links ) would be amazing to me.

I like to add the following

Turbo timer
exhaust
Blow off

i like to keep it like a sleeper , so i am not set on the blow off . but i like to add a few more pony's to my MR

once i return home i will try to add photos of Elizabeth ( the lovely name i have dub'd my ride )

tbh any info and ideas are going to be great help , i am not a mechanic so please keep that in mind

Kilown

·
Registered
199 Posts
If ur looking to add hp why are u looking at a turbo timer? Also, unrealize a turbo timer is not needed on the stock turbo. It only is typically used when ppl upgrade their turbo

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Exhaust, intake, and upper intercooler piping. Then a tune. Game. Set. Match.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what i am primarily looking for is like the

what is should add ?
what brand/item do you suggest ?

@ Phantom Thanks for the info i will upgrade the turbo but for now i like to get set up for the practical stuff. *well noted *

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Don't forget a 3 port..I think for the money this is a best bang for the buck item to go along with an exhaust and tune..

At your stage a BOV isnt going to do all that much, your best bet for an easy upgrade on HP would be a catback exhaust & Cobb Accessport. PM on the way with details and explanations :)

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts
Exhaust, intake, and upper intercooler piping. Then a tune. Game. Set. Match.
this.
At your stage a BOV isnt going to do all that much, your best bet for an easy upgrade on HP would be a catback exhaust & Cobb Accessport. PM on the way with details and explanations :)
also this. Or instead of an access port get an email tune by clipse3gt (he's a member on here, a lot of people will tell you he's a good tuner)
what i am primarily looking for is like the

what is should add ?
what brand/item do you suggest ?

@ Phantom Thanks for the info i will upgrade the turbo but for now i like to get set up for the practical stuff. *well noted *
You don't need a BOV, nor do you need a turbo timer. I would stay away from that. I would do a test pipe (or high flow cat) cat back, intake and UICP as Eyler suggested. As far as company, thats for you to figure out. Go on Youtube and google exhaust for the car, they all sound a bit different. There are also a TON of good, reputable vendors on here (Sean @ DSG being one of them) you can order parts through them for a better price than just buying from an online store. I highly suggest sending them a message to figure out what you want to order.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the car will be a DD but i mean i bought it back in 2010 , and only have 13 miles on it ( the 2 miles the Dealership would let me test drive it , and the 11 to my house ) it gets started and that is about it , i am never home to do much , and i like to add a few things to it , so when i am home i can drive it .

i know i know why do i have it if i never drive it , long story don't worry she will be driven but i figure why not just do the upgrades now , and then when i return i won't have to wait for anything .

I would do a test pipe (or high flow cat) cat back, intake and UICP as Eyler suggested.
<-------- say what ??? please explain or youtube me something about this

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you moving here?

no no i have lived in the springs for almost 5 years

got a blk on blk 2010 evo mr 470 , with stock x hood ... i don't do the club stuff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.