Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of some step by step instructions to install the Rexpeed VG? Cant find anything on the forum, youtube, google search? I honestly cant believe I cant find a how to video on this install... I'm gonna make a vid once I figure out how to actually do it correctly. Anyone have any links?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know if it's hard or not... But I'm assuming I have to go under the weather stripping, and I just dont want to screw something up. Figured I'd just poke around the forum and see if anyone who has installed one had any thoughts or suggestions. Isn't that what forums are for? Advice, conversations, suggestions, opinions?

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,794 Posts
Don't know if it's hard or not... But I'm assuming I have to go under the weather stripping, and I just dont want to screw something up. Figured I'd just poke around the forum and see if anyone who has installed one had any thoughts or suggestions. Isn't that what forums are for? Advice, conversations, suggestions, opinions?
Well for me it doesnt seen to be hard to do. I havent installed one yet but thinking on getting one soon. Yes the forums are for that!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
SMH pete lmaooo

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,794 Posts
I'm really confused... Is there supposed to be more to it than:

1. Clean surface

2. Apply supplied tape to VG

3. Apply VG to car

?
thats the picture I have on my head but it seems that the OP is trying to do everything the hard way? Drilling and maybe some Welding?? lol:nerd::coffee:

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Whatever. I was looking at a different post, then i saw this thread and gave the same answer for some reason.
Uh huh.

pistolpete's how-to: install gasoline into gas tank.

Use a tube and siphon all gasoline from the gas tank. Open hood, disconnect fuel line from fuel rail, turn ignition to "ON" position.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
LOL!!!!

just make sure yours isnt warped. lay it out in the sun if it is and flex it carefully back into shape if it is. and use a lot of double sided tape. i pulled off the weak tape they had on there and put on the thick one almost used the whole roll

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok i feel like a doofus now =P Turns out it's a pretty simple install... Takes applying yourself before asking for help lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.