Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vibration during WOT Accel High Speed - Fix

My EVO had some vibration during hard accel at high speed. Im dropped ~2in. on Ohlins coilovers. The issue for me has been fixed by adjusting 1 click harder from 15 - all 4 corners. I believe the hard accels loaded up the rear suspension just barely enough to cause the axle angles to be an issue..similar to very low/slammed EVOs (I'm probably borderline too low).
The vibration was really really bad when I tried a softer setting (3 clicks soft from 15) felt like wheel slipping/hopping.
Also, i think raising up the vehicle would fix the issue but i like my ride height now and would rather have a slightly stiffer ride on the street.
I've heard about other lowered EVOs having the same vibration during hard pulls at high speed but not during high speed cruising....I would take a look at the rear suspension drooping during hard accels.

Anyways, just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is your vibration coming from the rear? My evo did the same when I put coil overs on, but after alignment it improved drastically

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is your vibration coming from the rear? My evo did the same when I put coil overs on, but after alignment it improved drastically
It did occur from the rear after the coilover install, and the alignment didn't fix it.
Alignments can affect the ride height...not sure if that helped your vibration.
Mine is so smooth now during WOT w/ high speed and high torque...I'll have to check again when the rear gets loaded with passengers.

FYI: S2000 guys use axle shaft spacers to fix a similar vibration due to being too low.

·
[Playstation fanatic]
2,666 Posts
Do you have alignment specs that the shop performed?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
update: replaced rear diff bushings with Whiteline urethane....eliminated most of problem by maintaining rear axles angles better during hard accel. The X doesn't like being too low... i suppose stiffer coilover springs in rear would reduce squat and help maintain those angles also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts