Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey members from Victoria, BC. I just wanted to get your opinion on the quality of work done by the dealership here. I usually get my oil changed and general maintenance done there. I would do it myself but I don't have the tools or room here cause I'm only living in Victoria temporarily. I just had my oil changed there and when I went to pick it up they recommended that I have my air filter changed. I said ok and told them that I could just take the filter and put it in myself. But they insisted on letting them do it because it is kind of a pain in the a$$ to do it on the X(So they said haha). So I said whatever throw it in I'm in no rush. So on Saturday I was tuning to Stage 2 and decided I'd check all my hoses and fluids and stuff before I went out and logged. I noticed that the air filter wasn't sitting in the air box very straight. Upon further investigation I noticed that the bottom slots weren't on completely. I took it apart and put it back on properly and that was the end of it.

Sorry about the story. I'm just wanting to let you other X owners know that I haven't had the best experience with the mechanic at Victoria Mitsubishi. The service manager is a good guy and I know it has nothing to do with him, but I think that the mechanic there is a little complacent. I also had issues with my rotors warping when I first got the car and when I had got my rotors turned there. The mechanic bent the dust shield and it was scraping on my rotor as I drove away.

Let me know what you guys have experienced there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
thats why you dont go to dealerships, they screw you. let me guess, they charged you 0.5hrs for labour to install the air filter when it takes 10 seconds to do.

I would recommend doing these things yourself, try to find a shop that allows you to use the space, or just go over to a friends place and use some tools. You dont need any tools for the air filter and the oil change only requires i think 2 wrenches, filter, oil, oil pan.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I know I've never let any dealership maintain any other vehicle I've owned. I just don't want to go out and buy jack/jackstands when I've got a few already where I'm from. I seen a Black MR at the stealership today and just figured I'd throw out a warning to the others in the area. They actually didn't charge me for the filter labour haha.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
yea, after the dealership fucked my front bumper while the re-did the 3m tape, i told them they are never touching my car again. I got a call awhile ago saying my car is due for a oil change...i let them do the first one cuz it was free but other then that, they will never touch my car again. I dont care if the bloody engine blows and its coverd under warrenty. I'll do the work myself and pay for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya good call. I felt the same way before my X but now I'm right back to saying the hell with em!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I would never let the dealership touch my car. Even when I trade my MR in, I didn't let them mod it back to stock! They would have raped her.

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey kyle i had the same problem with the air filter. but during the time garheart the main mechanic wasnt in. some guy from ford.service manager a really nice guy though "sean"

so just make sure it wasnt the guy from ford filling in for garheart and your fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts