Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using these headlights?*

I really like the styling but am curious about the light output from these things in comparison to the non hid GSR headlights. I do night time highway driving too so that is important to me.*

I heard they come with hid? Then other people say its just a regular halogen? Then others say light output from the includes bulbs is poor but swapping them to LED bulbs and light output is great.*

Also heard adjustment on them is not so great???

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have heard a bunch of diff things. i believe they are powered with a LED light fromt he factory. im going to be ordering a retrofitted set from AK retrofits with customized everything and a replaced projector, it will be better than the OEM halogens hands down

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok so the headlights are equipped to run HID ballast but they are not included. The projector is a morimoto d2s line variant or hella g5 variant (almost identical) so the light output with a HID is pretty good. The come with a turn screw style adjustment method which is horrible. But there is a way to swap over you SSS leveling system, just calls for a little modification.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts