Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Installed a pair of Vland tail lights on my 2011 Evo X. LEDs. Has what looks like a load resister on each tail light I guess for LEDs ? turn signals and brake.

https://www.vland-carlamp.com/LED_Tail_Lights_For_20082017_Mitsubishi_Lancer_evo_x_Smoked/p4995994_17774418.aspx

Noticed now that the reverse camera only stays on for about 5 seconds. Suspect this is the issue. I have a Fosgate OEM head unit too. I've heard that splicing a 50 watt 3 ohm load resister into the reverse leads may solve the problem. Anyone with a similar problem and fix?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You have answered yourself the question. Add the 50w 3 ohms resistor (in parallel) to the reverse lamp and you will be good.
No splicing needed, just clamping.

·
Registered
324 Posts
By the way. Would recommend to take an 8 ohms, as 3 ohms will give you a 48W at the resistance. will get Pretty hot.
This is the type you can get as it’s a plug and play.
US $8.00 20% Off | 2 PCS 7440 W215W T20 Canbus Error Free Resistor LED Decoder Warning Error Canceller For LED Turn Signal Bulb 50W
https://a.aliexpress.com/LWaYbVUU

Make sure you get a resistance between 8-15 ohms, else it won’t work. (Bought one similar to this, but they had 20ohms in 2x10 ohm serial setup, which didn’t work)

·
Registered
324 Posts
By the way. Would recommend to take an 8 ohms, as 3 ohms will give you a 48W at the resistance. will get Pretty hot.
This is the type you can get as it’s a plug and play.
US $8.00 20% Off | 2 PCS 7440 W215W T20 Canbus Error Free Resistor LED Decoder Warning Error Canceller For LED Turn Signal Bulb 50W
https://a.aliexpress.com/LWaYbVUU

Make sure you get a resistance between 8-15 ohms, else it won’t work. (Bought one similar to this, but they had 20ohms in 2x10 ohm serial setup, which didn’t work. See picture attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cocoloco:

After a few months and Corona, (have the time being coupled up at home :) I finally got down to doing this.
I tried yesterday to connect in parallel a 50W 10 ohm resistor perhaps I'm connecting it incorrectly but it failed to remedy the problem I just ordered the Canbus Plug and Play. Will update if it works.

Be Well!
DJ

·
Registered
324 Posts
Make sure you measure the resistance, sometimes is higher than what’s needed. Make sure also it’s mounted in parallel, else it won’t work. ( easy to make a mistake)
just for the fun of it, just connect the stock bulb to it, and check if it works. if it works, then you know it’s a resistance problem. (Too high)
Stay safe and hope you guys in the US will get out of that Virus quick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cocoloco:

Hey Man thanks. Finally installed the plug and play canbus harness you recommended from Ali Express It worked and was super easy to install. I did have to wait 6 weeks for delivery living in USA, but it was worth it, kept the wiring nice and clean. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next step. Now I just have to figure out how to connect my SYGAV Android head unit to the OEM backup camera... The plug and play worked well with the stock head unit but I decided to upgrade to the aftermarket SYGAV Android Unit. The 6 pin adapter they make for this purpose doesn't work. 've been in back and forth contact with SYGAV tech support slowly working through the wiring issue. Gonna post and see if anyone else has a solution.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Glad to hear it worked for you at last.
funnily, I had to do the other way around when I connected the aftermarket camera to the original head unit.
i have since updated it to something similar to yours, and had to revert it to the RCA connector.
You just need to locate the two cables from the cable (Ground and signal) and solder it to the mal plug, so it can fit your system.
pretty simple if you know which are the two wires and you have a Male yellow RCA connector.
hope you’ll get it to work soon.
PS, don’t forget to install Torque Pro, it’s awesome. Looks so much better than the R35 screen gauges.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear it worked for you at last.
funnily, I had to do the other way around when I connected the aftermarket camera to the original head unit.
i have since updated it to something similar to yours, and had to revert it to the RCA connector.
You just need to locate the two cables from the cable (Ground and signal) and solder it to the mal plug, so it can fit your system.
pretty simple if you know which are the two wires and you have a Male yellow RCA connector.
hope you’ll get it to work soon.
PS, don’t forget to install Torque Pro, it’s awesome. Looks so much better than the R35 screen gauges.
Thanks, man: Yeah SYGAV sent me a few diagrams to go by and said the same thing. ground and signal to an RCA connector and trigger wire. So will be trying to figure it out. And yes cant wait to check out the Torque Pro app.
Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts