Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys need som advice have read serveral different things about the 450. Some hardwire some dont, some drill 3/32 some say dont need to.... I have a radium fuel rail and fuel damper, OEM fpr wanna run original wiring. Do i need to drill?

Of to the tuner next week

·
Registered
52 Posts
Results may vary. I ran a factory wired variable voltage with a -6an feed and AMS rail to a stock return, stock FPR and drilled out venturi but had unstable fuel pressures. At idle it would suddenly lean just driving around town and at WOT on E-SPEC's dyno it had very variable and unpredictable fuel delivery. He flat out told me not to autoX the car because he didn't know what the motor was fueling under boost. Didn't behave differently at full tank or nearly empty. I have a dyno sheet if anyone brilliant wants to critique but I just gave up on the idea of treating the wally 450 as a real drop in.

I ended up going the most expensive and overkill approach with a hardwired Wally 450 in a Radium hanger, Aeromotive FPR with a -8 feed and -6 return. No fuel issues anymore. Never really found out where the problem was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The light load fuel issues are generally related to the injectors cutting in and out due to high fuel pressure augmenting the required dead times (it takes an injector longer to open as the rail pressure increases). It's important to have stable idle fuel pressure when tuning OEM ecu as it affects your overall injector scaling.

4G63 and 4B11 factory issue fuel regs don't seem to flow enough, we've seen over 80psi idle fuel pressure with an inline gauge with the factory return. Most common pumps on the market won't last long sitting at that pressure for extended periods, and the chance of a failure is significantly higher.

Also, it's poor practice to retain OEM wiring with these high current pumps. I would revisit the wiring in a few weeks and see if it's degrading. You'll find it's running around 20-30 degrees above ambient after a few hours driving.

·
Registered
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR
7 Posts
Mines drilled, OEM wiring, OEM FPR -- making 650whp

Sorry for the bump, but have you checked your wiring under the dash lately? is it melted? Because mine is and caught on fire and I'm making around 580hp on stock wiring on the walbro450 and the stock wires def weren't thick enough. It took over a year to melt them, but still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts