Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Want a Shift Boot How-To?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • No!

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Maybe... I may use this somewhere down the line.

Votes: 5 11.1%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm considering making templates for the various shift boots I have made in the past. SST boots, stock length 5-speed, & various short shifter lengths. These templates would be in pdf format, which you could print on card stock at home, cut out, & use to create your own shift boot out of whatever material you desire. I may also do an accompanying write up on how to sew them.

Would this be of interest or would you guys not use them, as sewing is involved? I'm sure you guys may have a willing mom, grandma, or local seamstress that could make them for you.

I don't want to waste time & effort doing this, if no one (or very few) would use them.

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
I think its a great idea. I personally wouldn't use it because I got my sweet custom one before you retired. My vote is yes since it would benefit the community just by being saved to the interweb forever... Just make sure u want to stay retired before u do it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
So said, I was going to get one from you after my car finally runs.. :(

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
So said, I was going to get one from you after my car finally runs.. :(
Since kidney retired you can still use RedLineGoods. I can find some coupon codes for them. They have a promo on now till end of January for free shipping. If anyone is interested ther quality is top notch also.

:)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How long would it take to make one?
Depends what your sewing skills are like, how many pieces of the boot there are (2 or 4), accent stitching or not, & length of the boot. If someone knows what they are doing, the most complicated boot style shouldn't take more than 30 minutes (from the tracing & cutting out the material, until the last stitch).

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm definitely NO GOOD at sewing, but i think i could find someone the help me out, i would be interested i think.

anyone ever messed around with making a gated shit plate for the evox? i think they look pretty bad ass.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Depends what your sewing skills are like, how many pieces of the boot there are (2 or 4), accent stitching or not, & length of the boot. If someone knows what they are doing, the most complicated boot style shouldn't take more than 30 minutes (from the tracing & cutting out the material, until the last stitch).
Thanks a lot sounds good, might need some help but I think I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
343 Posts
kidneythief13 made some really nice shift boots. I bought one from her and loved the quality and fitment. Top notch work.

I just traded in my EVO this weekend and removed the shift boot if anyone is interested in it.

its the black leather with red stitching, with X pattern and for a GSR.

You forgot to put an option for you to come out of retirement in the poll...lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.