Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is the common progressive sports car ownership.

1. Riced out Civic or Integra
2. Evo or STI
3. M3
4. GTR
5. Lamborghini
6. Bugatti

JK. But the first two are pretty true.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not personally guilty but every time we see a GTR, my wife has to ask them what they do for a living or how much they make a year. I just facepalm. Leave the man alone and quit making us look like peasants!

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
I'm not personally guilty but every time we see a GTR, my wife has to ask them what they do for a living or how much they make a year. I just facepalm. Leave the man alone and quit making us look like peasants!
Ugh, you never ask someone how much they make in a year. That's just rude. What they do for a living is another matter. When my neighbor (who usually drove an m6) pulled out of his garage in a Lamborghini the first summer I lived in my house in Boston, I did ask what he did, then I saw his license plate. "GLOW 1". He owned a fairly large series of tanning salons in the area. Still, used those are attainable (under 100k for his Gallardo).

Also GTRs aren't out of reach, used you can get them at a reasonable price, it's not like it's a Koenigsegg or something. I hate how people put GTRs up on high horses like they're something special. It's just a fugly Nissan that happens to be pretty quick.

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
This is the common progressive sports car ownership.

1. Riced out Civic or Integra
2. Evo or STI
3. M3
4. GTR
5. Lamborghini
6. Bugatti

JK. But the first two are pretty true.
I went Scion tC, then realized turbo'ing a FWD car was stupid, so I went Audi TT (Mk 1, beautiful), then realized it was a pain in the ass to work on and getting a 400hp kit on it was expensive. Plus it was unreliable. Then I sold both and got the Evo, and now I'm eyeing a Jaguar F Type SVR or R8 V10. Then again, the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio looks pretty sweet. A person in my building just got one, it's quick, and very nice looking.

It's parked next to the McLaren, which is next to the Aston Martin, which is next to the line of Maseratis and Porsches. -_-

Friggin Amazon people, I swear.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I went Scion tC, then realized turbo'ing a FWD car was stupid, so I went Audi TT (Mk 1, beautiful), then realized it was a pain in the ass to work on and getting a 400hp kit on it was expensive. Plus it was unreliable. Then I sold both and got the Evo, and now I'm eyeing a Jaguar F Type SVR or R8 V10. Then again, the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio looks pretty sweet. A person in my building just got one, it's quick, and very nice looking.

It's parked next to the McLaren, which is next to the Aston Martin, which is next to the line of Maseratis and Porsches. -_-

Friggin Amazon people, I swear.

hahaha. Funny story, my first "lost" was against a turbocharged TC in my stock MR haha.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I walked up to my car one day, a guy was waiting next to my car and showed me his 'Nissan' car key. He said "700hp want to race?" I said no. He followed and pulled up beside me signaling to race. I drove under the speed limit until he left.

I love cars and appreciate them. I get it, you have a cool car. Just enjoy the damn car instead of trying to impress others! If someone has a nice car, just give them a thumbs up instead of questioning what they do for a living. I could have my own lemonade, be a trust fund baby, was homeless, become a CEO, etc. We love cars and lets keep it that way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ferrari owners said the exact same thing about F40's in the early 90's. Way back when they were selling for ~$200K.

Now high-mileage, beat-to-hell units are selling for >$500K, while low-mile nice ones are worth almost triple that.

So much for the rich folks & their "predictions".

Fuck 'em.
Literally a cut-and-paste of a comment that was over 3 years old.

What

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ferrari owners said the exact same thing about F40's in the early 90's. Way back when they were selling for ~$200K.

Now high-mileage, beat-to-hell units are selling for >$500K, while low-mile nice ones are worth almost triple that.

So much for the rich folks & their "predictions".

Fuck 'em.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts