Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Wicked White Evo X GSR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…a bad thing. Engine blew Saturday night. Bought the car as it sits and not sure of a few parts on it. One of which is the turbo. Anybody have any idea of what turbo this is? Doesn’t seem stock to me by looking at the wastegate. Thanks and sorry for the crappy potato pics. Best I could do at the time.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim
Gas Engineering Plumbing Electrical supply Auto part

·
Registered
62 Posts
That’s a turbosmart waste hate. Really hard to tell about the turbo. That waste gate is a factory replacement too so still could be a factory turbo. Need markings or something

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s a turbosmart waste hate. Really hard to tell about the turbo. That waste gate is a factory replacement too so still could be a factory turbo. Need markings or something
Where can I find the markings? As you know the turbo is not exactly easy to fully access.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most of them will be on the side. Maybe remove the intake to the turbo and see if you can see anything better. Put your phone back there and see if you can see anything..

Look at this thread. Looks at the turbine too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thank you for the help. Need to know what turbo I have before I start dumping money into internals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most likely will since it threw a rod through the block Saturday night. Figure I’ll just get another block and do rods and pistons. Nothing crazy. It’s already a full bold on car along with injectors and fuel pump. Not trying to do anything crazy. Just a fun streetable toy when I’m not driving the daily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts