Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know the Evo has great handling but..... Are there any cars for the money that handle better than the Evo?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
out of the box i cant think right now even one, if you use the X base GSR as a bench line.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
I don't think you'll get many positives. There are a few in the area of price / handling, but not really anything equivalent or better.

I guess the STi would be closest, but it seems like the overwhelming opinion is that the X handles better.

Maybe some kind of kit / track car.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I heard good things in terms of handling about the new scion rwd coupe (name escapes me for some reason), but it's underpowered in its first iteration. Other than that, there's no other NEW car I'm aware of.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
close and the RX8 too. But i think the EVo still runs around faster.
I think the evo would take it at higher speeds and the mx-5 or rx8 at lower speeds b/c of weight.

I had an mx-5 try to race me on the highway. I didnt bite but when we got on a two lane ramp, he had to slow down as i kept going at 80mph.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
I think the evo would take it at higher speeds and the mx-5 or rx8 at lower speeds b/c of weight.

I had an mx-5 try to race me on the highway. I didnt bite but when we got on a two lane ramp, he had to slow down as i kept going at 80mph.
that can be very much a driver capability not the car. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I didn't think any car could compare to the Evo in terms of handling. A guy around here owns an RX8 and he said "my car is unmatched in handling". Before I put him in his place I want to make sure the Evo is better lol. I haven't done an Auto X yet (weather), but I can't wait.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
247 Posts
I researched and tried to find something better. Only the STI comes close.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Put some a few suspension bits on a Toyota Yaris and you'd be surprised how fast it goes around an auto x course... :p

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I've seem the hatch STI do some amazing things both road rave and dirt rally. IMO the hatch > Evo

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What about s2ks? When I had my Z a guy in an s2k passed me on the dragon like I was standing still. I wasn't really pushin it, but I wasn't goin slow either. I'm sure he had a lot more experience on that road than I did too tho!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.