Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

What car wax do you use?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
I've used all but Zaino.. I know if I use Zaino I'll spend hundreds of dollars on supplies every time I wax my car :p

I do like Zymol, it's probably what I'll use before winter (oh wait crap, it's snowing right now, too late :p )

I use turtle wax ice between waxings because it's so darn easy to apply.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know if I use Zaino I'll spend hundreds of dollars on supplies every time I wax my car :p
Dont need to spend much.
I bought a bottle of Z5 and Z2.
I used dish fluid to wash the car.
Chamois to dry.
Wax applicator (comes free with the Z5/Z2).
Microfiber cloth for the finishing touches.

Each bottle should last you 14-18 applications.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
i have used most but mainly meguiars.clean the car real good dry it with micro fiber and then use a powerball to polish wax the car.always looks good and since its bright silver its just sick looking in the sun.

· Premium Member
3,036 Posts
I've used Zymol for years and has seen it work wonders on some of the cars we've had. Especially the 82 Lancia Zagato my dad had for a while. When we bought it, it was so oxidized that it looked pink. After a little bit of cleaning and elbow grease, it was bright red again.

· Registered
1,032 Posts
i use zaino or zymol for some thing, but the vast majority of my car care products are meguiars

· Premium Member
3,036 Posts
If I'm going step by step from clay to finish, I used all Meguiars stuff on the Honda. I guess it all depends on what is on the shelf, and how much I want to do.

· Registered
1,032 Posts
that doesnt matter if you wax it every month, as i do. for the price difference, i can wax 4x more times than the others

· Administrator
24,309 Posts
that doesnt matter if you wax it every month, as i do. for the price difference, i can wax 4x more times than the others
That's the difference between you and me.

I don't have time to wax my car monthly, so I'll pay more for the product that I only have to use once.

Furthermore, even if you did it monthly, the Zaino holds up better to water and such as well.

· Registered
1,032 Posts
and the zaino costs 4x more. i usually boost it inbetween waxings with nxt quick wax

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.