Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Every single one I've run into has given a thumbs up and I return one as well. No animosity at all amazingly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have both an evo and sti, and I have no qualms waving at both. obviously, some don't return the favor, but that's what keeps things interesting.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Subaru owners around me do NOTHIN but "fly-bys" every time they see me. followed by a grim stare as they drive by..

Evo's on the other hand I get nothing but good conversation. Whether is be 8,9 or 10. Some of the 8 & 9 guys still find it hard to believe we have an Evo, but not a 4G63 haha.

Evo's are still pretty rare around me though, I think I have seen 1-2 other X's where I live, and very rarely an 8 or 9.

With that said, I love the Evo community, and the community around me is especially strong (for not being many of them). to prove a point.... I blew my dipstick out on the freeway. Fuked the engine, left me stranded.

Out of absolutely NOWHERE, a Red Evo X pulls up and asks me if I need any help. Stood there and talked to me while I was waiting for the tow truck to.. total freaking stranger..

Now THAT'S what I call a community!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
With that said, I love the Evo community, and the community around me is especially strong (for not being many of them). to prove a point.... I blew my dipstick out on the freeway. Fuked the engine, left me stranded.

Out of absolutely NOWHERE, a Red Evo X pulls up and asks me if I need any help. Stood there and talked to me while I was waiting for the tow truck to.. total freaking stranger..!
On the way home from MOD a month ago, a buddy of ours that left the factory before us pulled over to help his friend's 2G that wouldn't start. We pulled over...and before you know it, there were like 10 cars that pulled over.

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Subaru owners around me do NOTHIN but "fly-bys" every time they see me. followed by a grim stare as they drive by..

Evo's on the other hand I get nothing but good conversation. Whether is be 8,9 or 10. Some of the 8 & 9 guys still find it hard to believe we have an Evo, but not a 4G63 haha.

Evo's are still pretty rare around me though, I think I have seen 1-2 other X's where I live, and very rarely an 8 or 9.

Out of absolutely NOWHERE, a Red Evo X pulls up and asks me if I need any help. Stood there and talked to me while I was waiting for the tow truck to.. total freaking stranger..

Now THAT'S what I call a community!
Yes Evo X or 8,9 is rare. I can see STI everyday. Lambo, 911, Ferrari every week. Evo every month or two unless i will pass by Cobb Plano shop.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
What do I do when I make eye contact? I lick my lips. Let them know I mean business.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Nothing! I do nothing! I only respond to signs now, never initiate any more. Tired of even Evo guys in Vancouver completely ignoring other Evos.

I usually respond to CAR ENTHUSIASTS, not a specific car owners(Excluding ricers, those are not enthusiasts).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts