Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE!*******

That being said, I need some feedback on these gauges I found:googlesign:. This is a company located in China that uses the same exact body, lighting, and most internals of DEFI, including a stepper motor setup. These are basically the DEFI advanced CR series gauges, in 60mm trim. The only difference is these do not require you to purchase the Defi $160 control module, that the origional Defi's require. I want to order these, but in order to buy them, I would need to make an order of at least 15 gauges, since this is from a distributor. I wanted to ask you guys if you would be interested in something like this if I were to get a shipment and sell them. I think I need to be a Mini-Merchant to do this and of course will take proper steps. I just want to see if there is any interest in these gauges. Oh, BTW, the gauges I believe do still save info and are programmable to a degree.

Thanks for reading that, I just want to make sure you guys are informed in my situation. I dont want to mislead anyone into thinking this is the Defi gauge that uses the control module.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, btw, those are pictures the supplier took for me. Dont mind the date, the camera obviously was not setup.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a good pic to show what it looks like. The pic above has glare and you cannot make out the light located on the bottom right.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah.... I dont know what to do... I dont really want to pay $280 for the origional gauge, and then spend another $160 on the control unit. Just to have the nice display and color of the Defi. I hope I get some advice and input from you guys... I would totally buy one, but they will only let me get 15..... Maybe I can sell the rest on Ebay? lol. I dont know, man. Why does china have to make ripoffs that look so damn similiar....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know, Defi has the White Racer series gauge. I just really like the Advanced CR seires style. Those are $285-$245 retail, Plus not to mention the control unit $150. I dont know why the origional are so expensive... Its just a gauge...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Dealing directly with China without the language and business skills has always been bad for me. It's a different business culture than any western nation, including Japan. Japan is a linguistically barrier, but they do business like we do for the most part. Chinese business is a culture shock to say the least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.