Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean double posting but, any good gauge pods you guys can recommend? Quality wise. I'm looking for a dual gauge pod. And any suggested area where to place it on the car? A pillar? Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the Perrin double gauge pod that mounts on the steering column and i like it alot the only thing is i cant see my 0-35 mph or my 0-1500rpm but the rpms dont really bother me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DSG are very nice but price is kinda steep just for some gauge pods! :'( That's what I don't like about mounting it on the steering wheel column cause it blocks the mph and rpm in front.. However, putting it on the a pillar will somehow catch the cops attention.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have yet to receive my DSG gauge pod, so I can't comment on the quality; however, cops won't pull you over for having gauge pods on the a-pillar. Even if they did, they can't do anything about it. They can bust you for speeding, drinking & driving, drugs, etc...

·
[Administrator], [Local Team Member], [Powder Coat
8,500 Posts
personal pref here. I have mine on the steering column and I love it there because it doesnt take much to keep an eye on em while I am driving to see whats going on. I wouldnt put em under the HVAC controls because it wouldnt be safe to try to see em and drive. But its all up to you

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have the dual gauge pod on the steering column from rexpeed... Decent fitment. Also the single gauge pod from them on the a pillar. Terrible fitment. Looking to replace that one actually!

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
If you're set on putting them on the A Pillar unfortunately there aren't other solutions out there really. The Rexpeed one was amazing for a long time when there weren't other options, I even used it myself - but it's a cover and not a replacement so it will never be the same no matter how well you tape it on. Also since the Pillar retains the factory air bag and airbag logo, you're not going to have any problems :D It's pretty discrete from the outside by matching the factory paint.

Your loud exhaust is going to be a lot more of an attention grabber than an A Pillar, but even at that ... you don't hear about guys getting pulled over often unless the cops a d*ck

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
dsg double a pillar..quality piece
Yeah talk to Sean over at DSG. I haven't installed mine yet, because I'm waiting for my birthday to see if my wife bought me gauges, but the quality of the pillar is fantastic

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
If you're set on putting them on the A Pillar unfortunately there aren't other solutions out there really. The Rexpeed one was amazing for a long time when there weren't other options, I even used it myself - but it's a cover and not a replacement so it will never be the same no matter how well you tape it on. Also since the Pillar retains the factory air bag and airbag logo, you're not going to have any problems :D It's pretty discrete from the outside by matching the factory paint.

Your loud exhaust is going to be a lot more of an attention grabber than an A Pillar, but even at that ... you don't hear about guys getting pulled over often unless the cops a d*ck

i want one but triple is never in stock or its a long wait time

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
None of the pillars are ever held in stock, they're built to order on a per batch basis. They just sell out too quick there is no way to hold any lol.

If you purchase one now, you will be on the upcoming batch that can be found here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts