Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in today to be serviced at Northside and didn't have any problems but i was just wondering if there is a dealership in town I should avoid and also if there is one that is better then the others.

· Registered
845 Posts
I took my car in today to be serviced at Northside and didn't have any problems but i was just wondering if there is a dealership in town I should avoid and also if there is one that is better then the others.
all of the ones in Edmonton...

· Registered
170 Posts
so.. edmonton should have people who doesnt work at the dealership to offer their time and service and expert opinions for some money that can go to them rather than dealer.. :p

· Most likely in chat
2,531 Posts
^Ill do it. Ask anyone ive ever helped with vehicle service. PS I had to leave my car at red deer mitsu to take care of a motor issue on the driver side window. The guy working on it scratched the tint badly and left fucking gooey residue all over the side which was a royal pain in the ass to clean off. When I absolutely need to take my car to the dealer ive had good experience from Danny at southside mitsu, I think hes the head service tech there.

· Registered
845 Posts
^Ill do it. Ask anyone ive ever helped with vehicle service. PS I had to leave my car at red deer mitsu to take care of a motor issue on the driver side window. The guy working on it scratched the tint badly and left fucking gooey residue all over the side which was a royal pain in the ass to clean off. When I absolutely need to take my car to the dealer ive had good experience from Danny at southside mitsu, I think hes the head service tech there.
Ill take up ur offer in a few months. Im approaching the 12k mile mark.

· Registered
845 Posts
once spring hits i'm going to employ sean for a day as well. Might as well learn how to do it myself, properly, and i'd rather pay him than mitsu.
exactly.

· Registered
845 Posts
true... but how has service been since Brandon left? Have they turned back their ways to be like all the other dealerships?
So far, I haven't had any troubles. been there twice after Brandon left. I can't remember her name, the female advisor has been helpful.

One complaint, is still getting shop misc charges, though I haven't brought it up with them .

· Banned
3,991 Posts
So far, I haven't had any troubles. been there twice after Brandon left. I can't remember her name, the female advisor has been helpful.

One complaint, is still getting shop misc charges, though I haven't brought it up with them .
are they 100% mod friendly or do they make a nice big fat note to void my warranty if i bring it in?

· Registered
845 Posts
are they 100% mod friendly or do they make a nice big fat note to void my warranty if i bring it in?
I have third party warranty to which they said mods would be fine (basic bolt on). haven't done any warranty work yet so can't really say. But like Leutor said, they see lots of modded Evos so i imagine there's still some trust in that dealership. plus they also have the "aftermarket" department which I don't know how good it is after Brandon left.

As far as I can tell, they're still doing the same thing as before Brandon left. Talk to Tristan, I'm sure he can spread more light. After all, we do have some power on the forums to ensure we're treated right, at least with Platinum. Otherwise, Sean's gonna get more business than them :p

· Registered
281 Posts
I have third party warranty to which they said mods would be fine (basic bolt on). haven't done any warranty work yet so can't really say. But like Leutor said, they see lots of modded Evos so i imagine there's still some trust in that dealership. plus they also have the "aftermarket" department which I don't know how good it is after Brandon left.

As far as I can tell, they're still doing the same thing as before Brandon left. Talk to Tristan, I'm sure he can spread more light. After all, we do have some power on the forums to ensure we're treated right, at least with Platinum. Otherwise, Sean's gonna get more business than them :p
Having the "aftermarket" parts ordered, installed, and invoiced would help to I imagine.

· Most likely in chat
2,531 Posts
Only bad thing getting me to do it is I dont have a lift, and I take my time with everything, so the wait is a bit longer. But I hate seeing people get raped on service charges by the dealership for the simplest services.

As well I cant really offer warranty on my work other than trying to make things right, but then again for basic service ill go over everything with you and youd never need a warranty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.