Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start thinking about some mods. One thing I want is turbo whine / swoosh. I'm not crazy about loud exhaust to be honest w/ you. Any suggestions? Cold air intake?

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Run a search, man. Lots on intakes, bovs, and swooshing.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Add an open intake and you will hear your swoosh just fine, even with the stock BOV. I run an AMS SRI and you can hear my BOV from a block or so away. Don't go VTA for the sound (been there done that).

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Intake. Maybe a bov if really want. ARK exhaust.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not crazy about the BOV sound but love the turbo noise. What exhaust would be performance minded and somewhat quiet. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you asking catback and test pipe or Just catback? What are you doing about EM with that intake and potentially full exhaust?
Need more info
I'm near Atlanta. Thinking about going to Forged or Top Speed this week. Just value the advice on here before I go to the tuners.

·
Registered
680 Posts
intake = swoosh I recommend Harman Motive (now AQ Motorsports)

exhaust for quiet i like the cp-e... you want dual or single exit?
Might be the way you typed it but did you just say for a quiet exhaust you like CP-E? Lol I got a full CPE TB and its anything but quiet unless I stay under 2k rpm lol. With that being said its not loud either unless I go WOT then it's a whole different animal.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Touché

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.