Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta synchronic blow-off valve and in the instructions it mentions ensuring a proper tune is given after installation. What will the BOV change?!

If you maintain the recirculated configuration, then no tune should be needed, correct?!

I just need a sanity check before I install it!!

Thanks!!

Oh yeah, and if anybody has any pointers for this install, it's the older version--not the newer, small-form factor type.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Only thing I can think of in terms of installing any aftermarket BCS is the effect is has on the boost pill in the stock setup. Don't know if the signal is changed enough that it will change the boost curve.

At any rate, having a boost gauge and monitoring seems like a great idea. Wideband too.

Why do you want to change the stock BCS to an aftermarket one without a tune? Whole point is to run higher, more consistent boost with more accuracy, correct?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Only thing I can think of in terms of installing any aftermarket BCS is the effect is has on the boost pill in the stock setup. Don't know if the signal is changed enough that it will change the boost curve.

At any rate, having a boost gauge and monitoring seems like a great idea. Wideband too.

Why do you want to change the stock BCS to an aftermarket one without a tune? Whole point is to run higher, more consistent boost with more accuracy, correct?
?? I think he's talking about an aftermarket BOV, not BCS.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ah yes, misread this. I was thinking Grimspeed BCS.

If the aftermarket BOV has a tighter spring in it than stock then I would imagine reticulated boost levels would change, so it might be a good idea to think about a tune. Maybe differences / problems in surging with no tune? Probably not critical but keep an eye on wideband and boost.

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
Assuming no leaks, you should ne fine. Here's the thing: many oem valves leak, hence the need for an aftermarket one. If you were tuned on a leaky oem and switch to a valve that doesn't leak, you will now be over boosting and need a retune. I saw an iceease of nearly 4psi when I switched to
.the synchronic DV.

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
It is a hit or miss when it comes to this, we have countless clients who have put it on and had no issues, while others need a re tune to ensure boost levels etc are in check. You have to try to see to be honest, it is very unlikely you are going to have such a huge change that it will do any harm - just be sure to monitor it when you get it on. If you find you have an issue, swap it back to stock until you're retune or you can have your tuner send you an adjustment via e-tune :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just threw on a perrin recirc and have had no problems so far. No more boost or anything! Hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
456 Posts
You have no more boost?
i believe what he meant was he isn't seeing any extra boost from the stock one. from experience with my synchronic, my boost was hitting about .5-.8 psi higher and sooner, and holding a little better top end. i had to compensate for it with some extra fuel to smooth out some of the knock it caused

1 - 10 of 10 Posts