Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MR I just bought has Tephra mods and a dual map setup running e85 and 93. The reason I started this thread is because there are no gas stations in the Denver area that pump 93... Was wondering what different drivers are using accross the globe, and if anyone local to CO uses 91?

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
try to always get a highest octain at the pumpp stations.
And dont spend money on octain booster BS.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
93. always...

·
Registered
433 Posts
if u buy it from husky u buy 94 but u dont run it thats for sure. shell 94 (QC and ON i believe), and im not sure about petro formerly sunoco ultra 94 but husky blends 10% ethanol into 94.
I heard that they only mix the ethanol to their 87 and 89 due to law requirements.

And yea husky 94 for the win!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Shit and I thought 95 standard here in Europe is low end. You guys have quite low octane gas in the states, here 95 is as low as it gets, with premium being 98-105. Though it's $1.7/l for 95 and $1.9/l for 98, almost double. Bah, US and oil >.>

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Shit and I thought 95 standard here in Europe is low end. You guys have quite low octane gas in the states, here 95 is as low as it gets, with premium being 98-105. Though it's $1.7/l for 95 and $1.9/l for 98, almost double. Bah, US and oil >.>
The EU uses the RON (research octane), in the US we use r+m/2, so average between research and motor octane numbers. Our gas is the same octane, they just describe it different. your 95 is our 87, exactly the same

·
Registered
322 Posts
You cant run 91 when your car is tuned for 93 can you?
No, you shouldn't. Depends on the aggressiveness of the tune of course, but the tuner who designed your maps will do so for a particular octane.

If you can't retune to 91 then use Torco. It does work and you can mix it to get to 93 easy enough. Something of a pain for a DD.

I run either C16, 104 or 102 depending on the map. If 102 then it is 93 plus Torco to get there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.