Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's interesting regarding recommended service intervals. By this I'm assuming we all mean engine oil and filer changes.

The Service book for my X SST (RHD UK supplied model) makes a reference to every 12,500 miles or 1 year (whichever is shortest), but then goes on to say that all turbo cars should be serviced more frequently, but without actually specifying and mileage/time limit! It also mentions that 4WD versions used offroad should be serviced every 3,500miles!

So not exactly helpful guidance:duh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
What I'm looking at is the service manual for my specific car, which helps :)

And in document titled "Lancer Evolution Lancer Ralliart 2015 Warranty & Maintenance Manual", it plainly says

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was using the AMSoil filters, but got a really good deal on the oem filters from mitsubish( purchased a 4 pack through ebay)

·
Registered
223 Posts
By virtue of the Evo having a turbo and all wheel drive, automatically puts it in the "Severe Service" category. Dusty conditions, city driving, stop and go, not letting engine get to operating temperatures also puts your car in to the severe service category.

If you use a good synthetic oil(which you should), yes it can be safely used for a longer OCI. How much longer depends on your oil, filter, comfort level and UOA.

Changing at 3 or 4K is Mitsubishi language for keeping your warranty intact.

If you use a good synthetic, it can be stretched to 5-6K OCI.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like to switch it up and have tried most brands of 5W30. The last few OCI's were with, Castrol Edge, Mobil 1, Castrol Magnatec, Castrol GTX, STP, Valvoline, Amsoil, Pennzoil Platinum. Next OCI will be Pennzoil Ultra 5W30.

Filters has been Mitsu OEM, Purolator red, P black, P Boss. Wix going in next.

Could be my imagination but my car seems to really like the Mobil 1 with Synthetique filter combo.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Using Redline with synthetic filters at the moment. Changed every 2k.

I've also used Mobil 1 and MAG1 and did testing on them after. MAG1 actually came out a little better than Mobil 1 in almost every category. But it did sheer a little bit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Car manufacturers often suggest changing oil filters every other time you have your oil changed. Most parts and oil manufacturers, however, say to replace oil filters with every oil change, which should occur every 2,000 miles or three months (whichever comes first)
There's really not a reason why you shouldn't change the filter, considering it really isn't expensive. Most filters can't filter more than 5k miles worth of contaminants anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just to clarify a few things- manufacturers do NOT recommend only changing your oil filter every other oil change- when you change your oil you change the filter - not sure if Mitsubishi has a 5k or 7.5k interval but it will be in you’d manual. Also - oil manufacturers do NOT recommend changing the oil every 2k miles- that is just wasted oil. Personally I have always used M1 0w40 European formula and a pure one filter in my evo and changed the oil every 4K or 6 months- whichever came first

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just to clarify a few things- manufacturers do NOT recommend only changing your oil filter every other oil change- when you change your oil you change the filter - not sure if Mitsubishi has a 5k or 7.5k interval but it will be in you’d manual. Also - oil manufacturers do NOT recommend changing the oil every 2k miles- that is just wasted oil. Personally I have always used M1 0w40 European formula and a pure one filter in my evo and changed the oil every 4K or 6 months- whichever came first
Yea it is dumb not to replace the filter every oil change. And that guy has been blocked because he is a spammer.

And as far as changing every 2k miles, I just do that because it takes me about 6-8 months to get that many miles. Plus I get the oil at about a 1/3 of retail through work. So it costs nothing.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts