Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the nooB question but ive really no idea:confused2:

It must affect the back pressure?

and is it safe to install one with out tune?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I hear people having issues with boost spiking if it's not tuned for, especially with a test pipe. You'll for sure get even faster spool for a fatter power band, more than an increase in top end power

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I am running a test pipe, but im looking at buying a few things that dont cost the world to try and gain some more HP.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You need a DP that replaces the o2 housing to get any gains, if you do that, 10whp is an average I'd say.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
With your mod list, I think a DP is a logical next step. I personally like the AMS widemouth. I know some folks who run this one and it's a quaility piece. As far as the tune goes, you'll need to keep a close eye on your boost to make sure you're not going to spike until you get tuned. I wouldn't think that it'll be super urgent to get a tune right afterward. The torque you gain earlier in the powerband is going to be the main benefit, as mentioned previously, and it'll come in a lot more handy than the few extra ponies you gain up top.

As for backpressure, well, a DP will flow more freely which is less backpressure, which means more power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts