Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm going to my first ever track day this Saturday at Streets of Willow. Other than the required equipment, what do you find useful to bring with you to your track days?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
All the above plus a properly certified SA2000+ Helmet, shoes, pants/long sleeve shirts if your instructor/organizer is picky about that sorta thing. Basic tools.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
tire pressure gauge
Oh yeah, forgot about that...

Check your tires every so often. Fill 'em up and check after first session, bleed or fill, check after second session, and bleed/fill... if you're not exactly where you want to be at that point then well, just give up.

I think I usually ran 36 or 38 hot

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Well all tracks I've been to have $3 bottles of Gatorade, so it's not the end of the world if you don't bring any (like a 6 pack of Gatorades for $3 from Wal-Mart).

You might want a 5gal gas tank too, keep topped off. You'll have to make one run to the nearest gas station to fill up. I remember my last track day got really shitty after half a tank because one particular spot I would literally have to feather the gas and take the turn slow because coming out of the corner, if I floor it, my lines run out of fuel and I get bad fuel cut from not having a surge tank. If I had a 5gal jug of gas, I would've topped off, then when that got to 1/2-1/4 tank I would go fill up and fill the 5gal up with it.

Or you can live with the fuel cut and take that particular part of the track slow when you are at or below 1/2 tank, choice is yours.

·
Registered
614 Posts
lug nut socket w/torque wrench to above
:+1: I was at Mid-Ohio last year, and a GTI did not torque his wheels down properly, and one of his wheels came off half way down the main straight. He managed to pull off the track, but then to add insult to injury, he proceeded to get out of the car while the track was still hot and look around his car :duh:. Entire session was red flagged.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
An open mind.

For most people, including myself, your first experience is a humbling one. Listen to the advice you're given.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.