Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here I am, blew up my motor put a hole in the block so I bought a used one that's sleeved. The #8 head stud in the block itself is stripped, apparently already helicoiled once. the question is, what do I do now, if there is anything to do?

please help as much as you can.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Drill it out, fill it with Titanium putty, re drill and tap?

That titanium putty is good shit, we use it on our hazardous area certified enclosures if we drill a little hole in the wrong spot or something hahaha. Havent had a complaint yet lol (Crosses fingers)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drill it out, fill it with Titanium putty, re drill and tap?

That titanium putty is good shit, we use it on our hazardous area certified enclosures if we drill a little hole in the wrong spot or something hahaha. Havent had a complaint yet lol (Crosses fingers)

yeah I just worry because its going to be pushing so good power so I don't want my head lifting up or any of that stuff. thanks for your reply though

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That why I added that we use them on our hazardous area boxes at work. These thing are meant to contain and disperse once cooled and explosion from hazardous area gases entering the box and something making a short.

Stuff is seriously strong, and will be able to drill and re-tap like aluminum if not better. Either that or try another helicoil. haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
Time sert. I use these on all 600+ hp Honda/sr20/4b11 builds. You will be amazed at how different the fastener torque feels once this has been done.

http://www.timesert.com/

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.