boost
knock
ignition timing
wdgc corr
ltft used
STFT
MAF V
IDC (injector duty cycle)

then drive around a bit (20 min) @ cruising speeds logging.
then end the log and re log a few 2000-7000 pulls in 3rd gear

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a cruising log and a few 3rd gear pulls.

Car is 2011 GSR USDM
Map is Stage 2 Cosworth 93oct
Mods are Test Pipe, Catback Exhaust and Cobb SF intake w/Inlet pipe.
Looks ok its a bit rich up top and you have a little knock on spool (1degree)
typically this is caused from the MAP tables being too far below the MAF in that area. Try a normal stage 2 map with the SF intake and see if the leaner map helps the knock

·
Registered
259 Posts
some of my logs

2010 evo x se using stage 1 91 hks
only mod is K & N panel

the closed loop log was at 55-60mph on a pretty flat road. i shut it down because i came to a light and figured it wasn't going to be useful from that point on.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks ok its a bit rich up top and you have a little knock on spool (1degree)
typically this is caused from the MAP tables being too far below the MAF in that area. Try a normal stage 2 map with the SF intake and see if the leaner map helps the knock
I logged the same parameters, one cruise for about 20 minutes and four 3rd gear pulls with the normal Stage 2 93octane map (same mods as last time, Test Pipe, Catback Exhaust and SF intake w/inlet pipe). It seemed to help with the knock slightly during spool, but it's still knocking a bit.

FYI - I got stuck at the worlds longest traffic light midway through the cruise log, so there is more below the long idle pause.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2010 evo x se using stage 1 91 hks
only mod is K & N panel

the closed loop log was at 55-60mph on a pretty flat road. i shut it down because i came to a light and figured it wasn't going to be useful from that point on.
Looks ok minimal knock going on in there
just a bit @ rev limiter ( yea you hit it)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks ok minimal knock going on in there
just a bit @ rev limiter ( yea you hit it)
Thanks for checking my logs and giving the feedback. What i don't like is the total fuel trims since i've read +/- 8 max and mine get way out of whack. Does it make a dif if i'm doing a 20 minute log in sport or s-sport? does this change the fueling at all?
I've had some long drives i had logged before this and had closer trims but was in sport mode.
I do a majority of my driving s-sport manual because i hate the slip-float and never knowing if it willl shift when i want it.

I thought maybe i could try the SF map and compare but want to know if the mode i'm in make a diff so i'm not wasting time?

If i can get close enough with an OTS map maybe some day i can graduate to doing a MAF cal if that would finish settling the trims.

A lot of people try and run this K&N panel but searching forums doesn't lead to answers of why we should / shouldn't use it. It does give a better sound and feels stronger. I bought my AP after i threw a code one 10 degree F night running the K&N. Now i can read what my eninge is doing, have a map that is improved over stock and not have to guess what the hell that code was or wait for it to go away!

·
Registered
259 Posts
looks fine to me
you boost is low because of the altitude
You could remove the Solenoid pill to try to compensate
more tests only change no pill. A little better but still low boost.
i am testing at about 5700 ft.

Shifting still feels like there's a dwell or flat spot as it shifts to the next gear then the actual shift is very solid. Most noticable at lower throttle / 3k or so rpm shifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
more tests only change no pill. A little better but still low boost.
i am testing at about 5700 ft.

Shifting still feels like there's a dwell or flat spot as it shifts to the next gear then the actual shift is very solid. Most noticable at lower throttle / 3k or so rpm shifts.
Time for you to get Access Tuner Race :-D
and i ll show you how to fix it

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.