Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so as some of you may know my CMC went the other day so i ordered a Magnus CMC adapter and evo 9 CMC from Modern Automotive performance. Well it came in today so i took some highres shots of the parts and i plan on taking pictures of the install as well.

The boxes

IMG_0676

Inside the magnus box you find the adapter plate A stainless steel clutch line and nessacary mounting hardware

IMG_0677

Close up of adapter plate

IMG_0679

ANd the evo 9 CMC

IMG_0680

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very nice.
I agree, the job is not fun.
At least it is a job you only have to do once with this kit.

Stephen

·
Registered
982 Posts
Can you please explain why an Evo 9 cmc and no one made for the x?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it on the car already?
Nope i wont have the time to install it until thursday after noon i ahve class and work at autozone tomorrow

Very nice.
I agree, the job is not fun.
At least it is a job you only have to do once with this kit.

Stephen
Yeah i heard this was the best kit from what i read online thats the main reason i went with it

Can you please explain why an Evo 9 cmc and no one made for the x?
When your CMC goes on the x there are 3 options

You dont want to get a replacement OEM CMC because it is plastic and it will go no matter what i baby my car (50+k miles on stock clutch) and it still went it goes even faster if you go to an aftermarket clutch

The OEM 9 CMC is a metal CMC and is proven from many different high end shops to hold no matter what clutch is in the car

1. The magnus kit it allows the evo 9 CMC to be used on the x

2. AMS kit- this kit is fairly new but it does the same thing that magnus does.

3. SSP v3 CMC- this is the only X specific kit and it has a completly custom cmc, from what i can tell there have been many different problems with ssp and it cost atleast 100 bucks more then the magnus

Have fun man!! If you got any questions LMK..
Will do i got most of the hard parts out of the way already (removing the studs and such) my car is all ready for this piece to be installed then i jsut need to put it back together and bleed the system

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Nice If you got the studs out already.. The rest of the install should go smooth..

Will do i got most of the hard parts out of the way already (removing the studs and such) my car is all ready for this piece to be installed then i jsut need to put it back together and bleed the system

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice If you got the studs out already.. The rest of the install should go smooth..
i actually just couldnt sleep so i even readied the cmc and backed out the oem studs and installed the magnus plate with the hex bolts the supply. and added the ball joint...quick question how do i bench bleed i heard it was good for the cmc

·
Banned
518 Posts
any updates on the install with pics? I'll need to do this eventually (knock on wood) if/when my OEM cmc goes out. lol. If you don't mind putting up some pics of the install and let us know of any problem you might have had when installing it. Thanks man!

·
Registered
135 Posts

I'm sorry, I had too:neener:

But yes, the Magnus unit is one nice piece of kit. I have it and it works wonderfully. Does squeak a bit but I'm just too lazy to crawl up under the dash to get some grease on it. PITA to install though. I had a shop do mine and it still took a long time haha

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.