Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says... im thinking of buying one soon, just wanna see what you guys think first:confused:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
295 Posts
Easy - less restriction, more power. I gained about 10 switching from a HFC to a test pipe - on my 8. On my X, i am running a one piece with built in HFC.

Disadvantage...emission.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
If I had to do it over again, I would just go with a high flow cat. The benefits of the TP over a HFC is minimal and you don't have to deal with emissions/inspection headaches, not to mention the gunk that will build up on the trunk lid and under spoiler.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about noise and fuel economy? are they affected at all?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, minds made up!!

defo buying one. Fuck the law!:rock:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Smell, too.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
295 Posts
I only noticed some smell...nothing bad. Then again, I've lived in Korea for 5 years...that place smells like kimchee and ass smear.

The sound is a lot louder though...very noticeable at WOT. That would be my only complaint.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's Germany like with car inspections/registration? I hear the UK is terrible with it's MoT or whatever regulations.
mate germany is a car modders hell!! for every MOD it needs to have a TÜV approval cert that you have to carry in the car at all times and produce at inspections.

UK... is much more relaxed. The use the common sense method, if its not dangerous, too loud etc.. then theres no problems.

I much prefer MOT anyday over money grabbing TÜV. do you know carbon fibre is banned in Germany?? there are some exceptions, but they cost the world.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not to mention the gunk that will build up on the trunk lid and under spoiler

negative if you have a good exhaust shop around that puts the exit under the diffuser and not sticking out

this
ive got a blueflame thats got adjustable tail ends! and i love it!! my car now makes the hairs stand up om the back of my neck.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only noticed some smell...nothing bad. Then again, I've lived in Korea for 5 years...that place smells like kimchee and ass smear.

The sound is a lot louder though...very noticeable at WOT. That would be my only complaint.
good..cos that was what i hoped for!! il just swap back to the cat for Inspections!

Mump let me know next time your off down to the "Ring" Ill scoot down and bring my crew with their evos!! im only circa 180kms away!!(East)

would be cool to meet up!! + one of my friends (hes my boss actually) owns No# 20 out of 25 Evo X FQ400. He will come and take us for a spin, like me hes had his fair share of evos too.

would be cool. :cool:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just run E85, no moar gunky on the trunky!
I would if i could but that fuel dosnt exist in Europe mate.

We got E10, but i dont know if its safe for my car???

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Ah yes, didn't see the Germany thing. I guess we're lucky to have it here!

The build up from a test pipe does get annoying, but I found my wheels were dirty often anyways so I washed my car often enough to keep the rear clean.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
1. Running test pipe, no "gunky buildup" in back even though my car shits black smoke like a diesel pickemup truck when I go WAAAHHHHT (WOT)

2. There is a noticeable smell at stop lights, and it is not fuel, it's noxious gas. No bueno. If you have a headache for whatever reason, this smell will worsen it.

3. Noise... the noise is just slightly louder from HFC (went from AMS HFC to AMS non-resonated test pipe) and the note changed at WAAAHHHHT to where I could barely tell the difference when wide open, but if there's a car next to me or a wall next to me, it's a very weird raw noise. I'm indifferent about it but I have yet to hear what exactly it sounds like from someone else's perspective.

4. Fuel economy? Uhhh... how could it worsen? Secondary O2 sensor has absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever. The secondary O2 is merely a system check for emissions to ensure your cat is doing its job, it has NO input or bearing on fueling. You're also decreasing the back pressure, opening up for better flow. If anything, fuel economy rises slightly, no?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts