Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

581 - 600 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have 19x9.5+22 and 255/35R19 tires...needed both fenders rolled, about -2.5 camber, and cut + bend up the rear bumper tabs and trimmed the front tabs - FYI: I'm low at about 1.5 fingers. Also, heat gunned the wheel well liners for clearance

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wheels

Alright so I've read 20+ pages of posts and I still can't get it figured out. I'm about to purchase wheels and tires. I'm going to lower the car with coilovers not slammed. I need help figuring out what size to get. 18s or 19s? I kinda like the idea of 19s more. I want to go 9.5, what offset? Will I need to roll fenders or get spacers? I want it to look nice and perform. Any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alright so I've read 20+ pages of posts and I still can't get it figured out. I'm about to purchase wheels and tires. I'm going to lower the car with coilovers not slammed. I need help figuring out what size to get. 18s or 19s? I kinda like the idea of 19s more. I want to go 9.5, what offset? Will I need to roll fenders or get spacers? I want it to look nice and perform. Any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks
If you decided on 19x9.5, I say +22 to +25 offset with a -1.5 to -2 camber all all around. The rears may need to be slightly roll just a bit so that when the wheel goes up (driveways), the rim lip doesn't have a chance to rub against the quarter panel. If you add more negative camber, your rears can probably clear without a roll (up to you).

As far as tire size, I'd say 255 35 19 or 265 35 19. You may need to stick with 35 profile tires to minimize rub on your front wheel well liner when it compresses under high speed turns or going up driveways, but all depends on how low the car is dropped. If not too low you may be able to get away with 40 profile making the tire look thicker. Also with 265s the tire may rub the inner well in the front under full left or right lock.

I'm on 18x9.5 +22, -2 camber with a half finger drop all around on 255 35 18 tires no rub in front or rears. My first set was 265 35 18 and the probs I had with that was after going up driveways for a while, my front passenger wheel liner got pulled off by the tire. Probably caused by how low my car is but my current setup solved that. Also, at first I didnt roll my rears and had a bit of paint rub on my rim lip from my quarter panel. Luckily I was able to find someone to buff it out. I later had them rolled just to be safe and for future proofing. Hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
so i have a question, i have an enkei nt03m 18x10.5 30offset on my X and it fits perfect. Now i bought a Rota SVN-R 18x10 30 offset and i know spokes hit the front caliper, now im wondering what spacer do i need, i dont want to get a thick spacer, i want it as thin as possible. will I get away with a 5mm spacer or do i need a 10mm? and i heard I would need an extended studs to fit a 10mm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi peeps! I just wanna clear out everything. Im new to this offset thingy and i just bought my evo x 3 weeks ago so yayyyy! lol (i apologize in advance, after reading few threads) So here it is..I have 18x8.5 et45 wrapped in 225/40 as far as my understanding to make these wheels fit i would have to use spacers 15-25mm? to clear my brembos? im open to any suggestions whats best to do.

I did not wanna sell my old set, instead i wanna put winter tires on them if i can make them fit. And if they would fit, any suggestions on what size im better of getting for my winter tires? thanks in advance!

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,069 Posts
The stock wheels are 18x8.5+38, so you aren't that far off. But clearing the brembos depends on the spoke design of the wheels as well as the offset. So a 10mm spacer could work, or you might need a 25mm spacer.

Best bet is just to mount them and measure about how much more room you need, and then get a spacer. Or contact the vendor and ask them if they have any experience fitting that wheel on an Evo X and what size spacer they used.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks for the help! I have the varrstoens ES2:
my old car

im just gonna have to try them on and see if they'll work. As for the Tires size, i wanna get a winter set any suggestions whats best fittings for these wheels(knowing they are 18x8.5 et45)? Also any recommendations on what spacer brand i should get? if they are even recommended or safe using..

I appreciate the help:rock:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking to cash in on wedsports sa10R's over the black Friday sales.

but they had some pretty highoffsets in their 9.5 sizes

on their 10.5 they only had +12 and +25... didn't want to run that of an aggressive setup on +12. +25 seems to be doable (similar to a +22 in 9.5 IIRC?)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hello so I am getting 9.5 +20 Becuase they don't have 22

Would that be a problem? Or would it rub and not be balanced??

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,069 Posts
^^ The +20 or +22 is the offset. The difference you are talking is 2mm.

No, you will absolutely not have any more trouble with a +20 than a +22. This does not guarantee that your tires won't scrape in the rear though. That depends on suspension settings, tire choice...

I was looking to cash in on wedsports sa10R's over the black Friday sales.

but they had some pretty highoffsets in their 9.5 sizes

on their 10.5 they only had +12 and +25... didn't want to run that of an aggressive setup on +12. +25 seems to be doable (similar to a +22 in 9.5 IIRC?)
here's 10.5+22 lowered on ohlins

It is significantly more agressive than 9.5+22 as the wheel is 1" wider. You will need to roll the rear fenders to make it clear; however, making it clear is not very difficult.

I wouldn't be concerned about rolling fenders. The key is to get a fender roller and in a couple hours you can do it in your driveway if you take your time. Or find a shop, just don't try with a baseball bat...

I think 18x10.5 +~22 looks wonderful on the car. But I think 18x9.5 with a 265 tire is the sweet spot for most people. A 10.5" wheel with 275 rubber is soo much rubber that you really are hindering performance more than improving it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've been reading and looking around for quite a bit and I just want to see peoples view on 18x10.5 +22 vs the +15. I'd be running 285/35. Also Im currently on kwv3's right now, slight drop but nothing to crazy. I just want to be able to drive it hard without any rubbing on the inner side. i dont mind about rolling fenders. any feedback would be great

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hello, I am not sure which one to get either 18X9.5+22 or 18X9.5+20 or should I go 19X9.5? I have Swift spec R lowering springs. which one would not rub on the fender? and which tire size should i get that will make it look nice and flush without rubbing?

some people running 19X10!! or 18X10... any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
So I've been reading and looking around for quite a bit and I just want to see peoples view on 18x10.5 +22 vs the +15. I'd be running 285/35. Also Im currently on kwv3's right now, slight drop but nothing to crazy. I just want to be able to drive it hard without any rubbing on the inner side. i dont mind about rolling fenders. any feedback would be great
You need to roll rears, and possibly the fronts. Still too many variables that are unaccounted for for a definitive black and white answer.

The difference is 7mm. The +22 would rub the INNER liners more because it would be closer on the INSIDE. The +15s would have the wheel mount 7mm outward than +22, therefore, giving you 7mm of additional INNER clearance.

+15 is fine. Even +10 is fine. Anyone who tells you otherwise has never personally owned these sizes (i have).

285s are big. You are going to rub the liners regardless of the offset you choose, but +15 would rub the plastic liner less than +22, though the difference will be minimal.

Get a heat gun & spray bottle and re-mold your liners. It is free and takes 10 minutes per side.

·
Registered
702 Posts
so i decided to go with 18X9.5 but should I go p+22 or +20 I want it to the rim to be like outside showing more with the same level as the wheel. any suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Need help!
Planning on buying a ssr gtv02. Anyone running 18x9.5 +22 on ssr gtv02? Without problem? Does that specs fits perfect? And can i run 265/35 or 265/40? Thanks!

·
Registered
702 Posts
^^^ I have a friend running 18.9.5 +22 with 265/35 and he said have ohlins installed as well. he said he didn't have any problem until 2 people set in the back seat then it start to rub

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just ordered a set of SSR GTV01 that are 18x8.5 +30 offset. I wanted something close to stock as possible but I want to use spacers to get the wheels close to the fender. Due to the offset should I use a 20mm or 25mm spacer to keep the wheels flush with the fender??

581 - 600 of 630 Posts