Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am on the market for an Evo X and have the equity to buy one in cash right now. The problem is I will be going to Erie, PA for school starting in August and I don't see the point in taking a brand new Evo into the cold, snow salted roads for 6 months. I was wanting to know when the Evo X is going to be stopped production. I know there won't be an Evo XI, but I wasn't sure if 2011 is the last year or if there will be a 2012 version. I am asking since I know there aren't many Evo's left around my area for competitive pricing due to the Japanese disaster, and I don't want to wait till the spring (March) and have to buy used.

1) Does anyone have any specific information based off what Mitsubishi has stated of when the Evo X will be stopping production.

2) Is it worth buying the Evo X now and taking it up into the cold? Buy the Evo X now and leave it outside in my parents driveway with a cover on it and I take my '09 Lancer GTS to school?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know it won't freeze to death, but putting it through salt and snow and all the other weather conditions isn't really worth it in my mind, but I wanted to see others thoughts. THe other question I have is when is the best time to possibly go and buy this car. I know the end of the month is always good for deals since the dealerships are trying to make numbers, but is there a certain month or season to hit the dealers up?

·
[NEEvo President]
15,153 Posts
Theres been no conformation on the next evo build. If you find a good deal buy it and garage it till the spring. Its all about supply and demand, no knows for sure how the prices of the X will be effected 6 months from now.

If I was you I'd shop around so you get a idea for what kind of deal you can get it. That way when you do see a good one you can jump on it. Since you're not in a rush the ball is in your court.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
TheU; I know there won't be an Evo XI said:
there is talk of an Evo XI. But could be a hybrid.:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So 2011 is possibly the last year that the Evo X will be in production, but there is also a possibility that 2012 the Evo X could be made also?

I have been calling dealers in a 100 mile radius. THe best deal I have found is $33,788 without me negotiating it down. My goal is for something around 30k-31k OTD. I think it is possible if I go at the right time. One dealership has had 6 Evo's sitting on their lot for what feels like six months now. Is it even possible to get down to 30k OTD or am I trying to get it way to low?

I would love to garage the car, but my parents use their garage for storage. I would have to leave the car in the driveway till the spring (which is why I want to try and hold off if I can), but I would put a car cover on it, and I would take it out for some shorts drives to keep the fluid moving when I come home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring break.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is talk of an Evo XI. But could be a hybrid.:(
I have read the talks, but none of the Evo ideas that Mitsubishi are talking about are worth it. I would never buy a hybrid evo or a diesel. Just isn't worth it. So, my friends and I just act like there won't be an Evo after the Evo X.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
evo was made for winter buy that ish, as for production year its a toss up there is a diff story everyday

where in erie? like penn state beaver/ clarion area or like literally erie

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yeah I know it won't freeze to death, but putting it through salt and snow and all the other weather conditions isn't really worth it in my mind, but I wanted to see others thoughts. THe other question I have is when is the best time to possibly go and buy this car. I know the end of the month is always good for deals since the dealerships are trying to make numbers, but is there a certain month or season to hit the dealers up?
Are you saying it wouldn't be worth it because of potential paint damage? If so you should know that the paint is really bad on our cars so whenever you buy it either be prepared to have to have the paint done sooner than you expect or clear-bra the car right after you get it.

IMO the winter slush is the most fun time to own an Evo as it feels more natural (to me) in crap weather than in good weather.

As far as deals that is location specific in my experiance. If you're buying used you should be able to find some monster deals on really low mile 08s (be weary of modded cars tho). If you're buying new I would suggest shopping around, I got my original 08 X :)() with 3k miles (they drove it from CA to VA), fully loaded, SSS (mistake imo) for 31.5 (after 4k trade in) in late 2009.

Hope some of that is helpful.

I have read the talks, but none of the Evo ideas that Mitsubishi are talking about are worth it. I would never buy a hybrid evo or a diesel. Just isn't worth it. So, my friends and I just act like there won't be an Evo after the Evo X.
I don't know I'd buy a hybrid Evo in a heartbeat if the specs are right. I'd take a stock 291bhp hybrid version of the X.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I don't know I'd buy a hybrid Evo in a heartbeat if the specs are right. I'd take a stock 291bhp hybrid version of the X.
And I would definitely not :D I agree with OP, if the new Evo is a hybrid the X will be the last Evo for me

To OP I think someone said to search around and see what kind of deal you can get, if you come across a good deal buy it, put some mudflaps on it and 3M it. There won't be any problems at all in the winter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So 2011 is possibly the last year that the Evo X will be in production, but there is also a possibility that 2012 the Evo X could be made also?

I have been calling dealers in a 100 mile radius. THe best deal I have found is $33,788 without me negotiating it down. My goal is for something around 30k-31k OTD. I think it is possible if I go at the right time. One dealership has had 6 Evo's sitting on their lot for what feels like six months now. Is it even possible to get down to 30k OTD or am I trying to get it way to low?

I would love to garage the car, but my parents use their garage for storage. I would have to leave the car in the driveway till the spring (which is why I want to try and hold off if I can), but I would put a car cover on it, and I would take it out for some shorts drives to keep the fluid moving when I come home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring break.
for a gsr base w/o options, 30k definitely good or more than enough. i bought mine at 29k for a gsr base w/o any options and i made them to give me 5/75k bumper to bumper warrenty..

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
So the hybrid Porsche 911 GT3R is trash then?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Buy one when you feel you have found the right deal for you. As for it being the last year, no one knows for sure except for Mitsubishi who hasn't said a thing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Everyone's buying sportscars in the summer. You might have luck hitting up the dealer on a slow winter month.

I personally think $30k OTD for a base GSR is a bit aggressive. Maybe $30k purchase price, but not with TTT.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
It is a MITSUBISHI not Lambo or Ferrari. I drive mine in rain, salt, hail, it is just a car. Nothing special. What are you saving it for? It is an awesome machine in the snow. Hell, if I was going to park it for the winter, I would not even consider owning one. I would just get a more refined high HP RWD car. Unfortunately, those suck in the snow, so I compromised and got an EVO.

Random thought: The new S60 Volvo R line is looking nice to me though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts