Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering where i can find some rota p45r in hyper black for sale? any vendors or anyone selling any please help? 2011 evo x ww thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me guess the wheels u prefer cost 6k?? i have clean roads and no pot holes here so even if they are piece of shit rims its what i like and ill be fine but thanks for ur 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
You're welcome for my two cents. Here's two more:

My wheels are 18x9.5 +15, weigh 18.5 lbs and cost ~$1250 shipped.

Rotas in the same size/similar offset will likely be 21+ lbs and cost ~$1000 shipped.

Food for thought. I appreciate the assumption that I buy carbon fiber wheels though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well good for u. To each their own. Everybody likes different wheels. Glad u got carbon wheels, maybe i should get some of diamonds. let me know how long they last.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but on a serious note thats just the wheels i like not trying to be offensive towards anybody i just couldnt find any for sale. thanks for ur help though

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
wheeldude.com for all rota needs..

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You're welcome for my two cents. Here's two more:

My wheels are 18x9.5 +15, weigh 18.5 lbs and cost ~$1250 shipped.

Rotas in the same size/similar offset will likely be 21+ lbs and cost ~$1000 shipped.

Food for thought. I appreciate the assumption that I buy carbon fiber wheels though!
And what wheels are these?

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Seriously, I'm finding a trend that most evo owners are faggots
Great post. I hope you enlighten us with your witty observations on the habits of Evo owners more often.

Happymint, for the price he listed I'm 99.9% sure they're RPF1s.

OP, google, man. "Rota P45R for sale" comes up with Wheeldude, the retailer, as the first hit.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thanks Eyler, after looking through the lightest / cheapest wheel thread I think you are right. Thats quite light for the price, the Volk TE37SLs I just got are right at 18lbs at 18x9.5. Impressive that a cast wheel can be that light.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Seriously, I'm finding a trend that most evo owners are faggots
Sorry Rota fan, did not mean to offend your taste in wheels. I guess I can just fistfck you and we'll call it even.

HappyMint, Eyler is correct. RPF1s are insanely cheap and insanely light and proving to be very strong. I have curb rash on the very outer lip on one of my wheels from hitting raised aprons all over my last track day.

I've hit plenty of aprons but this last track had some brutally large raised aprons, almost street curb-like.

To the OP... there's a reason nobody really recommends Rotas and I hope you never get a chance to find out why. Personally I'd spend the extra $200-300 (total, not each) to land a set of Enkeis (PF01, RPF1, etc).

Varrstoen are also wheels that might suit your style and budget, but they're in the same quality boat as Rota (the fail boat that continuously sinks).

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
jesus this site has been on it's period lately. It doesn't matter what your opinion of rota's are this guy is simply asking where to find them. Granted he could have searched on google or this site to find wheeldude in a heartbeat but he didn't so the best thing to do is just tell him in the first reply and let the thread die.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
If somebody you've never met in your life came up to you and asked "hey, where's the nearest bridge I can jump off of and have no chance of surviving the fall?" then you'd probably consider telling them about why it's not such a great idea and that there is much life has to offer. I, for one, wouldn't simply reply "three miles South of here."

Same applies here... sure I'll tell him that he should go to wheeldude.com for Rotas, but it comes with bonus material, like "but don't do it."

If you were asking about your black fuel pump relay and said it seems to have gone bad, where can I get another black fuel pump relay, would you rather somebody say "oh, haven't you heard?" and then you reply "heard what?" then they say
well a bird bird bird, bird bird's the word, and then they tell you how you should probably get a blue fuel pump relay instead, or would you rather they say "mitsubishiparts.net has an overstock of the black ones so you can get 'em reaaal cheap?"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts