Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking for a NEW ACD pump. I know the dealers sell them for your first born and keys to your home.

Mine failed after 4 winters and 60k miles... its unrepairable. All 3 solenoids corrodes off, bad motor, corroded beyond repair.... not even worth it to repair. I want a new one that I will rebuild with SS pump gear, RTV, and either plasti dip or use a anti-corrosion coating.

Anyways if any vendors have sales on these please let me know.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
So I have been looking for a NEW ACD pump. I know the dealers sell them for your first born and keys to your home.

Mine failed after 4 winters and 60k miles... its unrepairable. All 3 solenoids corrodes off, bad motor, corroded beyond repair.... not even worth it to repair. I want a new one that I will rebuild with SS pump gear, RTV, and either plasti dip or use a anti-corrosion coating.

Anyways if any vendors have sales on these please let me know.
You win the Internet, sir! :bowlol:

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Is the ACD pump in the 10 the same as the ACD pump in the 8/9?
Allegedly, yes, but I haven't confirmed first hand. I know the additional ports for AYC would need to be tapped and such and so would the solenoid ports. Sounds like a PITA.

One possibility is an old ACD/AYC pump from overseas (AYC is not a new thing, just to the US).

edit: nvm EDM and JDM ones are expensive as fuck.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Allegedly, yes, but I haven't confirmed first hand. I know the additional ports for AYC would need to be tapped and such and so would the solenoid ports. Sounds like a PITA.

One possibility is an old ACD/AYC pump from overseas (AYC is not a new thing, just to the US).

edit: nvm EDM and JDM ones are expensive as fuck.
I found a place in England that makes replacement valves for these pumps.

However @ £199 plus international shipping.

http://www.autotorque.net/parts/ayc-solenoids-605/

I would need 3 solenoids and a motor and a rebuild kit that's probably close to $1000 to repair it. Rather just get a new one and call it a day.

Again this one is simply beyond repair...

5,198 Posts
You know for a fact or are they just capped for USDM? Remember the RA has ACD too but no AYC.

I can take photos of my extra ACD pump I have off a 2005 Evo 8 if it helps

·
Registered
227 Posts
That looks jdm,edm 8,9 acd + s-ayc pump, RS uses a single solenoid pump.
All worldwide GSR and MR X's uses the same pump 3520A045 except RS.
X RS uses the same pump as Lancer Ralliart 3520A046

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Anyone know if common failures of something like this are grounds for legal action? This doesn't seem like a maintenance/wear & tear kind of thing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
you would think so, wouldn't you?
I bought this car due to its sophisticated awd system.
only to have to ACD/AYC pump fail on me.
then to find out its 3500 to have replaced at dealership is insane.
and its looks like only other option is 1500 from DSG and then install around 1000

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installation won't be $1000, it's like 2 hours job. Any mechanic can install that, then bring it to the dealership for bleeding. I will say around 3-400 bucks in total

·
Registered
519 Posts
Still, thats a big chunck of your wallet. Where is this bitch located at?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Still, thats a big chunck of your wallet. Where is this bitch located at?
Behind rear right wheel closer to rear bumper. Also, can't we just install ourselves? As easy as changing oil I guess - it's accessible and just needs bleeding that can be done at the dealer.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I wouldnt mind replacing it myself. only issue is bleeding it, closest dealer is 2hrs from me.
also for a part that fails every 2yrs, i have a hard time tossing $2000 at it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I rebuilt and sealed the whole pump, and changed the fluid from Mitsubishi ATF SPIII to Redline ATF D4 (-60c Pour Point, so fluid won't get thick when cold and burn the Motor). Hopefully will solve all the problem.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
ACD-Tuning sells a rebuild kit for $235 which any good mechanic should be able to do. I'm considering having Ivey do it and bleed the fluid since I'm sure he has the MUT tool. This is going to be the car's 6th winter and its supposed to be a snowy one this year which means plenty of salt and chemicals to corrode everything.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts