Registered
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A00 Base GSR
A11 GSR w/ Sight, Sound and Spoiler Package
A13 Base MR
A12 MR w/ Technology Package

Major Standard Features
  • 140-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with digital signal processing, MP3 playback capability and six speakers
  • Anti-theft engine immobilizer and security alarm
  • Automatic climate control system
  • Center floor console box with armrest
  • Color-keyed outer door handles and side view mirrors
  • Cruise control
  • Dual-stage front air bag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors, curtain side air bags, driver's knee air bag, and front seat mounted side-impact air bags
  • Floor mats
  • Fog lights
  • Folding side view mirrors
  • Front map lamps
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
  • Power door locks
  • Power windows with driver's one-touch up/down
  • Rear seat heater floor ducts
  • Rear spoiler
  • Recaro bucket seats (front)
  • Remote keyless entry system
  • Side marker lamps
  • Tilt-adjustable steering column
MR Adds:
  • Twin Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST) with magnesium steering wheel shifter paddles
  • BBS forged alloy wheels
  • Bilstein shock absorbers and Eibach springs
  • Two-piece brake rotors
  • Hands-free Bluetooth cellular phone interface system with voice recognition
  • HID headlamps
  • Large type rear wing
  • Steering wheel audio controls
GSR Sight, Sound and Spoiler Package adds: HID headlamps, large rear spoiler and the Rockford-Fosgate® 650-watt (max.) Premium Sound System with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a six-month service subscription.
MR Technology Package adds: Rockford-Fosgate audio system with subwoofer and SIRIUS Satellite Radio with six-month service subscription; 30-gigabyte hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system with 7.5-inch touch screen and music server function; Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System, and the FAST Key™ entry system.

·
Administrator
24,225 Posts
Floor mats are STANDARD? Wow, finally car companies have caught on! LOL.

Another feature I like:
  • Power windows with driver's one-touch up/down
My Protege only has one touch down, so it's a pain when I'm shifting through the gears accelerating out of a toll booth and trying to roll up my window. I wish all of them were up/down, but I guess I could just change out the switches.

Part of my problem is that I want the MR Technology package, but I want it with the MR Technology package.

Also, what you posted didn't show an option for the FAST key system on the GSR, but apparently, that will be available.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the mr is already (supposedly) 40k from the start....the technology package would probably rape me up the ass. figure i would go ahead and install one of those pioneer touch screen systems...save a couple thousand.

I do want a sunroof though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The Accessory Navigation package in the GSR trim level is a port installed option, which means that when it comes into Baltimore/Tacoma, it will be installed by the Mitsubishi entry port technicians once it arrives. The Accessory Navigation Package is then printed on the 'Monroni Label' (didn't think the window sticker actually had a name, did you? LoL) and shipped to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I guess I am looking at wanting an A11, but who knows what Canadian spec levels will be. I was only asked for transmission and colour choice. I wanted manual so got bumped from sixth to first on the list. What are the chances that the first car to show up is a base GSR or a GSR with SSS package?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
holy sh*t! +1

I can't believe I didn't think of that!

maybe badboy can hook some fellow canucks up!
There is still the problem of the 8km/h bumper test that all Evo's up to now have either not passed or not been tested. You will also recall the spec sheet posted for the GSR and MR which list length of the car at 1.9" longer, IIRC, for the Canadian versions of the Evo, which means they are somehow structurally different and as of now remain on the inadmissable list for Transport Canada.

Subaru STi is admissable and no one has yet told Subaru dealers in the US not to sell to Canadians, though Subaru Canada says they will not honour warranties on 2008 models.

If Mitsubishi plays their cards right and makes the prices the same in the US and Canada they will benefit. They do not have a long history in Canada with a lot of leases on the books (exchange rate is causing havoc on residual values and used car prices). They could be a leader in the expected price adjustments and could get a lot of boost from it in the Canadian market, and they need some help in our market.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I will have to check for you tomorrow. I'll call head office in Cypress and find out.
Much appreciated!

There is still the problem of the 8km/h bumper test that all Evo's up to now have either not passed or not been tested. You will also recall the spec sheet posted for the GSR and MR which list length of the car at 1.9" longer, IIRC, for the Canadian versions of the Evo, which means they are somehow structurally different and as of now remain on the inadmissable list for Transport Canada.

Subaru STi is admissable and no one has yet told Subaru dealers in the US not to sell to Canadians, though Subaru Canada says they will not honour warranties on 2008 models.

If Mitsubishi plays their cards right and makes the prices the same in the US and Canada they will benefit. They do not have a long history in Canada with a lot of leases on the books (exchange rate is causing havoc on residual values and used car prices). They could be a leader in the expected price adjustments and could get a lot of boost from it in the Canadian market, and they need some help in our market.
Definitely, the way I see it, since it is the first EVO that is actually come to Canada, they wouldn't want to scare away potential customers with a high price tag, and they should build a solid foundation for their holy grail car, Evo X in our market. The name Lancer Evolution is not really well known in Canada, the general public would not know that this car offers great bang for bucks. Since the general public doesn't know much about the Evo, it is entering into the Canadian market with just great looks. If it is priced at 50k, which is the same price as the STi, I think customers would most likely look else where to drop their dough.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.