• A12 MR w/ Technology Package

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • Gonna wait to see what 2009s have.

Votes: 4 4.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I guess I am looking at wanting an A11, but who knows what Canadian spec levels will be. I was only asked for transmission and colour choice. I wanted manual so got bumped from sixth to first on the list. What are the chances that the first car to show up is a base GSR or a GSR with SSS package?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
holy sh*t! +1

I can't believe I didn't think of that!

maybe badboy can hook some fellow canucks up!
There is still the problem of the 8km/h bumper test that all Evo's up to now have either not passed or not been tested. You will also recall the spec sheet posted for the GSR and MR which list length of the car at 1.9" longer, IIRC, for the Canadian versions of the Evo, which means they are somehow structurally different and as of now remain on the inadmissable list for Transport Canada.

Subaru STi is admissable and no one has yet told Subaru dealers in the US not to sell to Canadians, though Subaru Canada says they will not honour warranties on 2008 models.

If Mitsubishi plays their cards right and makes the prices the same in the US and Canada they will benefit. They do not have a long history in Canada with a lot of leases on the books (exchange rate is causing havoc on residual values and used car prices). They could be a leader in the expected price adjustments and could get a lot of boost from it in the Canadian market, and they need some help in our market.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I will have to check for you tomorrow. I'll call head office in Cypress and find out.
Hey Badboy, any updates on this information? I will not buy an Evo in the US, but I do want to know if Mitsu is partaking in unfair trade restrictions between the US and Canada. So far Subaru is letting sales from US dealers to Canadians happen, but warranties for cars sold in US are only covered by Subaru of America, work can be done and paid to Canadian dealers, then reimbursed by SoA.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
No dice on this one.

Mitsubishi corporate states the following:

With the Canadian market having it's own sales division and corporate headquarters, selling a US market vehicle to a Canadian national would be infringing on franchise right of the Canadian dealers. We understand your zealousness in pursuing all avenues of sales, but the Canadian market is not to be actively recruited by US dealers. Any discovery of a sale by your dealership to a Canadian national will be removed from your RDRs and you will be penalized accordingly for the infraction.

In a nutshell: I don't think there will be any joy here.
Wooho, I'm glad to hear that. Can you give me the name of the executive that gave you this directive? I smell a class-action lawsuit against Mitsubishi!!! :jk:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just a small note. Those codes only apply to the U.S. I believe. The Canadian ones for example started with a C. In Canada there are only three trim levels available. GSR, MR, MR Premium. I ordered an MR and the code was something like CK41 or CLK41 or something. I can't remember exactly. I have to pop in next Saturday so I'll try to remember to look again.
Can you find out what the standard equipment is for the GSR, MR and MR Premium? Take some photos of the catalog if you get a chance (go all double-O spy-shiite man!). I will try to do the same next Thursday or Friday. Don't think I will get very far, but I will try to get my sales person to show me the catalog other people say they have seen.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If the GSR looks like a$$ with the lip spoiler, etc., then you can have my spot in line! I'm going to make my dealer do some work to make the car look good for me or I won't be buying. Due to the delays for the MR and the number of people that want the MR I do not think I could get one when I want it, even if I did want it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Are you talking about a trunk lip spoiler? I can't imagine the rear wing will be hard to get. If you have to just order it from a US parts department and drive over the border to get it.

I like the GSR trim better. No Chrome FTW!
Yes, there are options, but I want to lease this sucker, out the door with a payment and nothing more. Any extras I would prefer to be on the car before I take delivery.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I started off choosing the GSR with SSS package, but the SSS in unavailable in Canada, so it is the base GSR for me :( or something else :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.