• Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
[Global Moderator]
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I might be in need of a new set of rotors. I'll be checking into it more in a couple days, as I do not have my car atm. I'm assuming it's my front ones that are done, based upon what I've read on here about the MR 2 piece stock rotors.

I need your opinions/suggestions, since I do not know much about these. $500 is my max cap on a set. I DD my car, do some "spirited" driving, occasionally Auto-X (although I have yet to do that this year), & do some road trips. I'm wanting something that will last me a while, but still accomplish all these things. I'm also using the stock Brembo calipers & stock pads. I have 21k miles.

Which would you guys choose & why? Or is there another set that I missed?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Winhere and Centric have stock replacements (slotted even), check out partsgeek. I am sporting the Centric brand, they are very cheap and as durable as OEM. None of us race enough to make up for the price/weight of the high end rotors. I would rather be able to replace mine relatively inexpensively than to spend so much on looks.

·
[Global Moderator]
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did eye the Centric OEM replacement on Tirerack, now you're having me ponder that some more.

Bump for more feedback. If this is the cause of my symptoms I'll need to order a set of rotors in a couple days.

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
I voted Girodisc since I have had VERY good experience with them. I have used stock pads, DS2500 and Raybestos ST43 on the rotors and they just won't warp. Not that I'm complaining or anything. And they seem to be in your budget too.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like I deleted mikes recommendation on rotors during our exchange. I believe it may have been the giros he was using. I still have his pad suggestions:
mlomker said:
mike o said:
I'm looking for the stopping power without the lengthy break in.
I'd say DS2500 on a street car. If you road course or are serious about auto-x then go with the XP10/8. You WILL sound like a bus.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
I would vote Giro because I've always read positive experiences about them, and they are a long serving vendor on here.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
A bunch of lambs on here. There is no reason at all in getting a high end rotor unless you are worried about weight. $2k for rotors or $300 for a set of 4. Seems like a no brainer!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
on my last car slotted rotors made noise and ate the pads at a retarded fast rate. Not cheapo rotors either. I had wilwood rotors and wilwood calipers :(

Avoid slotted.

my 2c

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
A bunch of lambs on here. There is no reason at all in getting a high end rotor unless you are worried about weight. $2k for rotors or $300 for a set of 4. Seems like a no brainer!

You have to account for more than weight though. We have done testing here on various OEM vs Aftermarket (for many normal cars) and the metallurgy changes significantly from a $300 rotor to your $80 Pronto rotor. Stop distance increases, warps faster, cooling vanes are sparse... You get the idea. The margin of change on the Evo is probably a LOT less than what I'm describing, but we should still consider it.

on my last car slotted rotors made noise and ate the pads at a retarded fast rate. Not cheapo rotors either. I had wilwood rotors and wilwood calipers :(

Avoid slotted.

my 2c
I agree wholeheartedly.

·
11,761 Posts

Avoid slotted.

my 2c
Wilwoods are a totally different case. This is for the stock Brembo setup. I don't think we should be drawing parallels to your case honestly.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I respectfully disagree. I had the stock rotors for 18K miles before they started warping badly. God only knows when it even started. The car was ONLY a DD and 100% stock (Not even a shift knob) when this happened. I then switched to Giro 1 Pc Slotted and the DS 2500 which lasted me 30K miles and 3 full Track (HPDE) days. The rotors are still going strong with the Raybestos pads I used in my last 2-day HPDE. No noise, no unreasonable wear for my driving habits/style. This was also on increased power levels.

·
11,761 Posts
i would get the centric, even with stoptech pads there still under $500.

go to
they pretty good prices
better edit your post, non-vendor link.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts