1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I have the 2" Perrin, painted it and I still get perfect reception. I only listen to FM radio and it comes in loud and clear.
I thought newer Evos came with a short antenna? The 2008s have this 3ft long piece of wire. If you're feeling kinky you can use it as a whip.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh! Then maybe that's why mine seemed pretty unoffensive, I think it's already fairly short. =)

·
Registered
773 Posts
2" Perrin. Can't comment on reception, as I never listen to the radio (Ipod or CDs). But, it hasn't faded in over a year :)

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Antenna: Honda S2000 OEM
Reception: Don't listen to the radio much, but the reception is perfect.
Price: I think it was like $20 at the time. I'm sure you can order them online cheaper.

So I have like .05% Vtec powaz

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
I have perrin 3".

I can't support what everyone else is saying. I finally changed this about 3 months ago after over 3 years of car ownership. I live in suburbs of kansas city. Radio reception has always been weak in my car (i was in downtown chicago for 3 years and had reception issues sometimes, downtown chicago!).

But that said, after 5 months of daily commuting listening to the radio, I changed the antenae for the perrin 3". I immediately noticed a drop in radio reception. Many station became staticy more often. These were stations that always had a little static, but now it's worse. So if you live someplace where reception is so-so, then a shorty antenae will make it worse.

I've taken it off, cleaned everythin thoroughly, re-attached it. Messed with it a bunch. Honestly though, I have a 8 min commute and listen to the comedy station or news (so all talk); as such, it doesn't bother me much. when i want music i use the hard drive in the nav or music off my iphone. I hated the big ass antenae that was on there and do like my shorty antenae upgrade.

But it made a difference in reception for me.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have had the 3" Perrin for 2 years now. No issues here. I rarely listen to FM Radio, either satellite radio or cd/mp3. I would expect their 2" version to work just as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts