Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to pull the trigger to buy a turbo soon. I am willing to keep the stock block, and get something around 450 whp. I am also looking for a cam that would make a great combination off the turbo and maybe an exhaust manifold (headers)

Would a map ef4 or fp black work? Is their a recommendation for a +1mm head workout?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would think if you were aiming for an fp black, you would not want to keep the stock block. I mean I know 450hp is possible with keeping the torque down, but for how long?

Remember it's cheaper to build a block when your core is in 1 piece then go big and then blow it up then try to build.

·
Vendor
543 Posts
To reach 450whp on 91 octane you're probably looking at the right turbochargers, I'm obviously a little biased as to which turbo ;) As far as head work goes its rare that we see someone remove their head solely for porting, they've generally got bigger issues or at the very least need to replace their head gasket. I've got an EF4 with porting and coating on the shelf, let me know if you're interested sir :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To reach 450whp on 91 octane you're probably looking at the right turbochargers, I'm obviously a little biased as to which turbo ;) As far as head work goes its rare that we see someone remove their head solely for porting, they've generally got bigger issues or at the very least need to replace their head gasket. I've got an EF4 with porting and coating on the shelf, let me know if you're interested sir :)
Will this work with the stock block? Which cams wouls you recommend?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Vendor
543 Posts
It's going to be running on the edge, it can be done but its not the safest gameplan. We're big fans of the GSC S2 cams.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Which would you suggest, your EF4 turbo or your 6262 kit? I'm looking for 550whp and about 425wtrq in pump gas. Might use e85 in the future but not sure yet. I'm looking to keep the car as my dd and weekend track car and not sure if I should use a torquey stock frame or T3. I am building the block as well

·
Vendor
543 Posts
I don't believe the EF4 has got 550 in it on pump, I've seen low 500s on 93oct though (these are Dynojet numbers BTW). For your goals I'd recommend going the T3 route.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't believe the EF4 has got 550 in it on pump, I've seen low 500s on 93oct though (these are Dynojet numbers BTW). For your goals I'd recommend going the T3 route.
Which turbo would you recommend, 6262 or 6266? How laggy are these turbos when compared to a fp black or your ef4? I'm looking to pick them up in a bb trim if that makes a difference in spool?

·
Vendor
543 Posts
I'm honestly not sure the 6262 is available any longer as the 6266 is the new hot ticket, but based on that there isn't much info out there on spool I'm afraid. I would expect full boost in the mid 4000's, but that is really nothing more than an educated guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts