Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cobb TBE and I took off the dual mufflers and am running "straight" pipe now. I fell in love with the popping and louder tone. I want to just buy a single exit muffler that will replace the cobb muffler. Anyone know of one, otherwise I am cutting the Cobb pipe at the bend and just getting a welder to weld a pipe straight back. I would rather not cut any of the Cobb pipes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
the cheapest way I'm sure would be to weld on that pipe, lol. GhettoeeDDD!!!

no but seriously sell your exhaust and get one with less resonators/mufflers or none at all. you'll be all set. I believe there are a few Jic, ETS and Tomei come to mind for resonator less exhaust.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
AMS single is pretty good. Glad I ended up with it over the Tomei in the long run because the AMS single is already borderline too loud for me.

It has an awesome sweet-spot though at 70-75mph where it's extreeemely quiet. Luckily, highway traffic tends to run 65-80mph around here, so cruising at 73mph works out well.

Oh and on my current tune it backfires like a mofo when I engine brake/downshift. I'm told it shoots fireballs at the track too, but I've never gotten pictures/footage of it...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tomei is essentially a straight pipe with no resonator. You're better off selling the Cobb and buying one of the single exhausts out there IMO.
Thanks everyone for their input.

Think this is what I am going to do.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Greddy Ti-C is single exit and the fitment is top-notch, however, given the sound you like, the Greddy will likely be too quiet for what you want.

I agree with the previous suggestions, Tomei sounds amazing, and fitment looks great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.