Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a nice white evo with powder coat rims, that looked amazing.. but should i go with that to save money or... Buy some rims for my black Evo.. I don't want top pay to much since I'm saving up for a tune, buttt I would like to see some options on some rims that would look great on my Evo.. I love the rally look btw..
Pics would be awesome!!holla

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Want nice wheels? Sell your stock wheels and buy some decent ones with a decent offset. They will look way better that powder coated stock rims

·
Registered
404 Posts
Want nice wheels? Sell your stock wheels and buy some decent ones with a decent offset. They will look way better that powder coated stock rims
:yeahthat: and you could always rock some rotas

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Lol... Is it true that powder coated rims scratch easier tho??
not heard that, but definitely heard it makes them weaker. I dunno how much truth there is to it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
From what I'm reading is that the strength can be maintained at low enough temps. But temps over 350-375 degrees and the constant heating an cooling cycle it could compromise the strength of the alloy. Something called the annealing process will start and the wheels will not be the same. I'm still reading into it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.