Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make it short and to the point, I placed 8k down and paying $550 a month for 63mos. I work as a nurse (Gaylord Fockers jokes??) :hah:, it's my first brand spanking new car and cannot wait to tune her, but for now she will stay a virgin until she's paid off. So guys what's your story?

5,198 Posts
To make it short and to the point, I placed 8k down and paying $550 a month for 63mos. I work as a nurse (Gaylord Fockers jokes??) :hah:, it's my first brand spanking new car and cannot wait to tune her, but for now she will stay a virgin until she's paid off. So guys what's your story?
I hope that's a fully loaded MR @ $42,650...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
First off Congrats on your sexy Evo, You will LOVE it!!!

I'm from Canada and @ the time july 2009 when I was looking, the dealership wanted 55k for a GSR... A bit out of my price range, did some research and bought a 2010 from the states for 34k usd... was happy as hell! after the rape job on importing the vehicle into canada, all the other bs taxes us Canadians get scrued on, on a daily basis, it came up to 43k Canadian :S Still saved 12k and it also came with the sss Package :D
so since I bought in March 2010. I have gone a long way... voided warrenty by importing, so... my plan was bolt ons + Tune Ill be happy with 350whp :D.... then I got addicted to the track.... boom suspension, rims/tires... Need more powa.. basically I have spent 38k give or take on my X in Mods, now Im @ a built 2.0l FP Black making 550whp so im happy,,, car doesnt run anything like stock but fast as hell! once you do your first mod..... you wont stop lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
invoice + $500...he showed me right from his computer screen and made sure it was the same vin #

·
Registered
242 Posts
that payment sounds about right. thats around .9% or 1.9% financing. not sure what you guys are thinking ^^.. with those rates you have you should slowly pay it off.. your low rate is good.. it will help you build your credit. so in the case you want to build your credit, its going to be a long time until you tune it.. so i would just say fuck it and tune it sooner than later and mod it out. my gf and i bought this toy.. im internal business consultant and shes a pharmacist. :dancebanana:

edit: 42k for a GSR! gezzz.. lol you should give your specs on your car first.. i also assumed it was a loaded MR. my bad

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
that payment sounds about right. thats around .9% or 1.9% financing. not sure what you guys are thinking ^^.. with those rates you have you should slowly pay it off.. your low rate is good.. it will help you build your credit. so in the case you want to build your credit, its going to be a long time until you tune it.. so i would just say fuck it and tune it sooner than later and mod it out. my gf and i bought this toy.. im internal business consultant and shes a pharmacist. :dancebanana:
Um, no. If he paid invoice, the price would be $32k-ish. Even if he financed the entire $32k, payment would be $520/month. But he said he put $8,000 down. The only way it should be $550/month is if the interest rate is 15%. Something doesn't add up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ouch...$8k and those payments! It doesn't take a registered nurse to know that isn't a thermometer rammed up there.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i pay 1000 dollar for down payment ending with 577 a month imagine paying with 8k for down payment that will land me in 350 plus a month ..

is that us currency anyway congrats!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Um, no. If he paid invoice, the price would be $32k-ish. Even if he financed the entire $32k, payment would be $520/month. But he said he put $8,000 down. The only way it should be $550/month is if the interest rate is 15%. Something doesn't add up.
yeah hence i edited right after, i thought he got a fully loaded MR as the 2 post assumed.. lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
are you guys forgetting to add title and tax thats another 3-4k ontop of the invoice, sounds about right payment wise 5 years and 550 with 8k down interest should be 3.5-4

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
purchasing agent. i have 1.5 years left until it's paid off and i'm super excited about that. i should only have 48k miles by then! i've been thinking about what i want to do with it at that point. even though it's ahead of time, i'll probably do a bunch of maintenance to get it out of the way, new coilovers and a few other mods. it will be like brand new again once paid off :)

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
purchasing agent. i have 1.5 years left until it's paid off and i'm super excited about that. i should only have 48k miles by then! i've been thinking about what i want to do with it at that point. even though it's ahead of time, i'll probably do a bunch of maintenance to get it out of the way, new coilovers and a few other mods. it will be like brand new again once paid off :)
Yeah I like your thinking sweetie pie, although whenever I dump more money into my car I think of you (<3) because I sit there and ponder... how can he keep his shit pretty much bone stock, even if he's on a tight budget? I spend almost my last dollar buying worthless shit, like a carbon fiber trunk sitting in my garage, along with a bunch of other shit that just hasn't seen their way onto the car.

Here's to hoping you can actually keep your car a "virgin."

(oh and to answer your question)
Financed 30k @ 0% APR for 5 years on my '08 GSR SSS/Aero, payments are $500.00 per month and I pay no more, no less. 2.5 years to go.

I am fighting the urge to buy an FP red, coils and a big ol' ricer wing. All 3 of which are big ticket items unfortunately :(

·
Registered
43 Posts

I have a long story that I'll try to make short. First off let me congratulate you on your purchase, there aren't many cars as exhilarating to drive as an evo (in my eyes), Enjoy!
I've been an avid Starion/Conquest owner since I was out of high school many years ago. This fueled me to buy my first Evo in 2006, a brand new GG Evo MR. I put 5k down, financed at 72month with a $693/mo payment(high interest rate, i know). I enjoyed every 1 of the 16.5k miles I had on it, until 9 months later I was rear ended at a stoplight by a SUV doing about 50. The car was totaled, but my 3 passengers and I survived virtually unscathed.
I got into a few BMW's through work, the. Last year my wife agreed to pull the trigger on another Evo. I searched for a few months and finally found an 10' WW GSR w/ SSS and Nav and 2k miles. The dealer wanted 32.5k, a sales buddy of mine called and offered them 27, they settled for 28k....I was ecstatic!
I sold my last 2 conquests and paid cash for the car and never looked back. Once I'm through the warranty I'd like to have a nice 500whp weekend toy.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yeah I like your thinking sweetie pie, although whenever I dump more money into my car I think of you (<3) because I sit there and ponder... how can he keep his shit pretty much bone stock, even if he's on a tight budget? I spend almost my last dollar buying worthless shit, like a carbon fiber trunk sitting in my garage, along with a bunch of other shit that just hasn't seen their way onto the car.

Here's to hoping you can actually keep your car a "virgin."

(oh and to answer your question)
Financed 30k @ 0% APR for 5 years on my '08 GSR SSS/Aero, payments are $500.00 per month and I pay no more, no less. 2.5 years to go.

I am fighting the urge to buy an FP red, coils and a big ol' ricer wing. All 3 of which are big ticket items unfortunately :(
frank are you talking about yoruself? lol. my carbon fiber lid was installed within an hour from picking up from the shipping company!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts