Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q: Why do images appear when I type certain names or words?

A: You may have noticed that when you address certain forum members or write certain key words, a small image will appear when you submit the post. Those are simply smilies that use common words or certain usernames rather than the typical :smiliename: format.

It's just something we do here for fun, just for grins. The images that go with key words are generally self explanatory. Images that replace someone's username (note that they are case-sensitive) generally have some kind of story behind them that reflect something about that particular user.

For example, iLisa's replacement image is a happy meal. I always accuse her of working at McDonald's, so it just kind of fit.

Kansei is a narcoleptic, so when you post his name, it's replaced with a sleeping man.

SATimko actually looks like one of the gang from "Alvin and the Chipmunks", which is the basis for his image.

There are more, but those are just examples.

Now you might be wondering how you can get one of your own. As of right now, I just appoint them randomly. If I see something that fits, I go ahead and do it. So in a nutshell, it's just dumb luck. Maybe you'll have one someday, but you probably won't.

Q: Well, what if I'm typing to someone and I want their name to appear rather than the image?

A: In the Advanced Reply button, check the box next to "Disable smilies in text", and your text will be posted verbatim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.