Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Whoa, does this mean I am a crotchety old man at 26?!?!?

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
There's actually a lot of great newer music out there. The problem is that it's not what's being played over the air for the most part.

I may like 15% of newer radio songs at BEST, but I end up getting sick of that >15% since they're overplayed.

The fact that the radio sucks for the most part is one of my main reasons for making this subforum. Got some music you like? Share the info here.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Whoa, does this mean I am a crotchety old man at 26?!?!?
Ofcourse not, but music has changed ALOT in just the past few years... Now with iTunes, almost anyone can put up an album of theirs- its not just the greatly popular bands. New music comes out much faster these days, making music take alot of changes in just a short time period.
Im not supporting newer music or older music, just a general statement.

albums were crap long before itunes.... now at least you can just buy the good songs from that album and save some money.
iTunes didnt make music crap, it just made it easier for people to get the music they want faster and easier.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
There are some bands that I know of that were really popular with some epic crap music, disappeared from the limelight, but kept playing and ended up releasing an amazing album that never got any focus on it. I think a big killer of some promising bands are the contracts they sign requiring quick turnaround on albums.

·
[Global Moderator]
7,334 Posts
I think a big killer of some promising bands are the contracts they sign requiring quick turnaround on albums.
Very true. As well as record companies/producers forcing bands & singers to fit to their pre-constructed mold. Terrible example, but take a look at Pink... first album was very R&B/pop due to the record company, second albums-now are a lot more rock influenced. But this control also has a down side. The lyrics that she sings have always been meh, but she started writing them on her own after the second album, which made them progressively worse. Again poor example, but this is what came to mind.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
another issue is that only 3-4 companies own >90% of radio stations...that means they decide the genre's and who gets played...

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
lol pretentious music people. I've never listened to the radio. Before MP3 players I used the cassette adaptor with my Walkman and played CD's in my mom's car. This was when I was like 10.

Let people listen to what they want. Listen to what you want. No point in getting angry about other people's tastes.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Well... of course everyone has their own opinion to what music they like and such. I know that mine's right so that helps me get by. ;)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Don't worry, the world is prolly ending in 2012 :coffee:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
another issue is that only 3-4 companies own >90% of radio stations...that means they decide the genre's and who gets played...

F'en A! Like Clear channel and other big buisness crappers. Oh and dont get me started on ticketmaster and the people that book shows. They sell tickets and charge fee on top of fee. I hardly go to shows anymore, unless they are local.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
get satellite radio and listen to the classic rock channel, problem solved, you know our car comes pre-programmed for it :)

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
there are a lot of 12-year old girls out there, that's why

·
High Mileage X-phile
2,942 Posts
WHAT!?! You don't like Heidi Montag or Paris Hilton?!?! We are soooo not friends...

Agreed. It's hard to find talent in music now...auto-tune also is to blame besides over produced songs/albums.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The only radio station I can stand listening to is WHP 580 Talk Radio (AM), cuz they don't play crap music!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I couldn't tell you the last time I turned a radio on, I use my Zune when driving- the radio is annoying. My favorite band would be Dredg,
Nothing that unique on the radio, and yes that guy is actually singing, no need for a computer generated voice when you have vocals like that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
radio music is basically useless unless you follow the trends. i gave up on american music a long time ago to find something with seoul

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 45 Posts