·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so mad about that site right now. I have to say this is the first time in my life I've actually been pissed at something on the internet.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I got mad every time somebody posted some dumb shit......I'd be in a mental institution. Take EVERYTHING online with a grain of salt.
I mean yeah I know your right and everything and its not like its the first time I've seen haters, it just shocked me I guess because I never even thought that ppl were that serious about JDM parts. I'm over it now, that mess is just crazy.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Its amusing to me how butthurt people get on both sides of the fence.

A) if you buy knockoff parts it doesn't mean you are contributing to the demise of all innovation and creativity (in a free market someone will think its worth the cost to do something new as long as there is demand for it)

B) if someone hates your car because you committed a then fuck them. If you get a magazine feature that should be validation enough that your car is pretty damn unique and well done

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its amusing to me how butthurt people get on both sides of the fence.

A) if you buy knockoff parts it doesn't mean you are contributing to the demise of all innovation and creativity (in a free market someone will think its worth the cost to do something new as long as there is demand for it)

B) if someone hates your car because you committed a then fuck them. If you get a magazine feature that should be validation enough that your car is pretty damn unique and well done
I'm just mad I even got sucked into it and inadvertently promoted the situation. :duh:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Interesting that there is actually blogs for people to rant about JDM car owners running supposed unauthentic JDM parts lol....

The car is sick and these guys are just haters! Even if the trunk is not an authentic Do-Luck trunk, the rest of the $20K in mods are real so who cares. I personally am not a fan of the do-luck style trunk in general and think it is fugly, but on his car it looks chill. At any rate, imo there is absolutely nothing wrong with running Rexspeed/Vis if fitment is good and the carbon fiber weave is nice quality...

The one thing I will agree with is that the owner of the yellow Evo is somewhat of a post whore...but I guess if your ride is sick more power to you...plus I like looking at the pics so it does not bother me...nice build at the end of the day and his car has definitely inspired me with some mod ideas seeing how nice his car turned out!

·
Registered
478 Posts
yeah bashing somebody is never cool but what i never could understand is if you have loads of $ to buy volks and the fq-400 bodykit, why settle for fake do-luck trunk and rexpeed parts??? that is just funny to me. (if what they say is true, i didn't read the whole story) i'm not hating btw.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
I'm not going to comment on the blog or the events cause well I'm not sure of the why, specially over just one part of a major build, but I think Archie's car is sick and it well deserving of the feature, shit I'm jealous of it but i'm not gonna bash him, there is some great work there and it looks amazing.

·
aka Domo X aka howiewowie
10,840 Posts
i think the argument is him using knock offs and claiming them to be real. for example the doluck style trunk. i think they're made cuz he supposedly lied about it. I'm not even sure yet but that's the initial feedback from a lot of ppl.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could have sworn he was calling it a duckbill but idk. either way I'm not so much defending HksAngelo (nothing against him either) as I am a sick ass car and the hard work, time and money going into it.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.