Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is a bit irrational, but does it bother anyone else that the Outlander looks like a tall Evo? I feel like that look should be patented or something. Every time I see one the Evo loses a little of its exclusivity and I get :( I get especially upset if I see one creeping around the corner: First, excitement because I'm about to see an Evo and then....soccer mom. Here's a pic for reference

Mitsubishi-Outlander_GT_mp36_pic_69118.jpg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hahahahaha, I know what you mean. I remember sometime earlier this past Spring, some dude in the current model Outlander gave me a thumbs up at a traffic light. I just mouthed "fuck you".

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I agree, using the Evo's styling cues on the Outlander definitely dilutes the impact that the Evo makes when you see one. I was really disappointed the first time I saw an Outlander with the new Evo-style front end.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahahahaha, I know what you mean. I remember sometime earlier this past Spring, some dude in the current model Outlander gave me a thumbs up at a traffic light. I just mouthed "fuck you".
:bowlol: that's hilarious. you should relate that in the "The looks, the stares, the questions" thread

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Outlander is a POS compared to most smaller SUVs. And since Mitsu doesn't stand behind their product with the Evo, I'd never buy anything else from them.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Yep, was there for about a week. Great place. I found myself driving to Frenchy's on the beach quite a bit though. It was cool.
aww let me know next time your here man.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
so you think mitsubishi is the only car company in business? almost every manufacturer does this, they have one very successful model and its styling theme becomes the new face for almost all models.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so you think mitsubishi is the only car company in business? almost every manufacturer does this, they have one very successful model and its styling theme becomes the new face for almost all models.
obviously they take styling cues from other models. i'm simply saying it bothers me. toyota didn't do this with the supra did they? (this is not a rhetorical question because i really can't think of any models, but would like to be corrected if they did)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Outlander is a POS compared to most smaller SUVs. And since Mitsu doesn't stand behind their product with the Evo, I'd never buy anything else from them.
U r and idiot... The Outlander is no POS, I have a new Outlander GT (fully loaded)...for the price no other manufacturer can sell me something even close. I even went through bad snow storms in the east too and the Outlander is a hell of a good SUV.
Just because Mitsubishi doesn't spend money on advertisement like others etc., so magazines can talk good things about them doesn't mean they are bad.
The Outlander (incl. new Sport) and the Evo are very good products from Mitsubishi for the money.
If u don't like the company or car, sell it and move on to some other brand. You a have a choice.

Siyah

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Ooooooo!!! :inout:lol...

And i thought i was bad tempered!!??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts