Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m about to install my wideband and was looking fit advice. I'm hfc back stock DP. I have plans to eventually get a after market DP and wasn't sure the best place to weld in? Is it worth welding into DP then get new threading once I upgrade or should I weld into hfc?
Thanks
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Is there no bung already in your HFC? No where to screw it in? Anyways, generally you put it on the HFC before the cat (closer to the dp side) - you don't want it after the cat. This way you can upgrade the DP later without issues :p

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Is there no bung already in your HFC? No where to screw it in? Anyways, generally you put it on the HFC before the cat (closer to the dp side) - you don't want it after the cat. This way you can upgrade the DP later without issues :p
Yeah this ... And why won't u install it after u get a Dp?? Piece of mind of some idiots out there in welding..

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah this ... And why won't u install it after u get a Dp?? Piece of mind of some idiots out there in welding..
Down pipe won't be for another year or so no spot in hfc. And I was scared sh*tless by other forum members that I could b running to lean in certain spots of my map because of my intake btw I'm running OTS hks stage 2 From COBB. I know I'm not running lean, actually prob still pretty rich, + I want to prob get a pro tune relatively soon ( prob before the DP)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
638 Posts
I welded mine in towards the rear of the stock downpipe and followed the harness of the o2 sensor up into the car. Generally you want to be about 12"s or more downstream of the turbo, the closer to that the more accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts