Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions regarding my AEM Uego Wideband.
This is the first wideband Ive owned so I do not know if this is normal behaviour for a wideband.

First, when I installed it I also installed a boost gauge so I connected both gauge's power wire together, and connected it to a 12v source.

Second, maintaining a steady speed, is it normal for the wideband to read from (for example) 14.5-15.3 and traveling this much?

I also noticed at idle, it reads 12.9-13.0 for about 40 seconds then the afr raises to about 15.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I would say that is normal. The car should run between 14-16 and normal driving and under wide open throttle it depends on the car and tune but you whould want it around 11.7. But on this car under boost and wot I have heard it is around 10 which is rich as hell. So yes your wideband is working fine. Also don't be alarmed if it reads lean when coasting.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks!
Last night I noticed under heavy boost under WOT. I hit 10:1, and then a large backfire when I let off. Yay for Turbo backs

·
Registered
949 Posts
Understand that all previous knowledge of what AFR worked for previous Evo motors really has no relevance here. Each motor is a little different, and there really isn't any one "ideal" WOT AFR for all motors, turbo or NA. We may end up finding out that this motor likes it a bit richer then the previous motor, but only time will tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.