Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was following the HOW TO on datalogging AFRs on Evoscan using a serial port adapter and I ran into this problem over the weekend. Just a disclaimer: This is the first time i tried to do this and I am not a computer wiz so bare with me.
So i followed the intrustions to a T, but Im worried that one of my connections is not holding up.I soldered a wire (20 gauge) to the Blue wire from my AEM wideband and soldered that extention wire to the #2 pin on the serial port adapter, I then soldered a wire on pin #5 for ground. But i did have trouble getting a clean solder on the serial port connection since it was a tigh fit. This is where I think I have a possible connection issue.
When i try to find the COM port on Evoscan it does not want to use the serial port. It says it not compatable or something.
How do I know if its a bad connection or a not capatable adapter?
Any help would be appriciated!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There is an old thread that has lots of tips. Someone had a way to see if data was being transmitted, outside of evoscan.

I took bought an extra serial cable and just cut off one end so that my connections would be better. I didn't like the idea of soldering onto that little pin. I figured i would just break it over time.

Where are you at in Chicago?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is an old thread that has lots of tips. Someone had a way to see if data was being transmitted, outside of evoscan.

I took bought an extra serial cable and just cut off one end so that my connections would be better. I didn't like the idea of soldering onto that little pin. I figured i would just break it over time.

Where are you at in Chicago?
I would prefer to connect wire to wire instead of that little pin. Which wire did you connect to?

Im in Joliet, IL

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I bought a serial cable and cut the end off. I took my ohm meter and figured out the two pins you need and the corresponding wire at the cut off end. You ground one and solder the other to the wideband wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.