Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys so I need some help. My 2008 Evo x is due for some new tires. However I live in Michigan and snow will be here soon. I dd the car and it sits at 505whp so I need to find a tire that I can use in the winter. I would prefer an all season tire so I don’t have to change them again in the summer. My budget is no more that 200$ a tire but would prefer them to be a little less than that. Let me know your guys suggestions!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Are you looking for year-round all seasons (performance) or just some all seasons for Winter use?
For performance all season tires: Continental DWS06 or Pilot Sport All Season 4s

For a dedicated winter all-season, I'd look at the Firestone Weathergrip. We have these on my wife's car and they're like a snow tire but way less greasy/crappy when it's not winter compared to a dedicated winter tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I’m looking for a performance tire I would say because I want to be able to use them in the Winter but also in the summer because I don’t have tons of money to keep changing tires. And between the 2 the pilots or the continental which do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wore a set of the previous DWS06 down to the wear bars and really liked them. I'd say you can't really go wrong with them, just don't expect them to save you on an icy road.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did the Yoko winters on my old evo. They were ridiculous.

New one had as pilots... but this will be my first winter...

I'm in michigan too.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The DWS is hands down the best all season tire

That being said, you're losing out on a lot by not having a second set for summer/winter.

Not only do you get ~3x the life out of both sets, but they also handle more appropriately for the season

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to run a set of Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 3, but they are kind of expensive so I replaced them with Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. I have no regrets about choosing this tire model and brand as I am impressed with its overall performance. I've driven them in summer, snow, rain, and sleet. This tire provides an excellent grip in all weather conditions, which makes it a good all-season tire. I got mine at a discounted price from 4wheelonline.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don’t get all seasons for winter, you will slide a lot compared to actual winter tires. I would get a dedicated winter tire for winter. It could very well prevent an accident. I run Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 in winter on a cheap set of wheels. In summer I run Pilot sport 4S.

I find all seasons too slippery in winter(in Canada atleast) and mediocre in summer. After I replaced my all seasons with Pilot 4S there was a big noticeable difference in how planted the car felt. I also hooked from first gear. I’m around 500whp too.

If you want a winter tire under 200, you can always find used winter tires since you won’t be doing much spirited driving in winter anyways bar donuts in parking lots. It might be expensive now but tires will last you a good 50k miles. So it’s worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
268 Posts
A agree that summer tires are way better than all season tires. You can tell a big difference.

Winter I havent experienced the difference yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
michelin x ice. kinda pricey but worth it. Winter time here in Alberta Canada is brutal. dont cheap out on tires especially when youre daily driving the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you looking for year-round all seasons (performance) or just some all seasons for Winter use?
For performance all season tires: Continental DWS06 or Pilot Sport All Season 4s

For a dedicated winter all-season, I'd look at the Firestone Weathergrip. We have these on my wife's car and they're like a snow tire but way less greasy/crappy when it's not winter compared to a dedicated winter tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not only the time limit can be set up within the Parental Control feature but the user also sets the limit on the numerous websites which he doesn’t want other users to get access. The configurations of both the time limit and the limitations on websites can be done through the web interface of www.routerlogin.net

1 - 14 of 14 Posts