Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found several very informative threads about installing a rear view camera:

back up camera

How to: Install OEM Backup Camera (above license plate)

Rear Camera Adapter Instal (sic.) Guide

:godance:

Now here is my question. I'm trying to install a Kenwood CMOS-210 camera, but still figuring out what the pins/wires are on the Mitsubishi OEM harness (MZ607384EX):

It appears that are 4 pins on the 6-pin connector we need to connect to with the camera cable. These are:

ACC (red)
VRV (white)
R-EX (blue)
SB1 (clear)

Now I guess that the red wire is the accessory one ("ACC"). But which wire is video+, video- (ground), and reverse trigger, respectively?

Thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge.:-D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solving the puzzle...:workout:

Okay now I'm pretty sure that the ACC is accessory. Here:

Wire name: ACC wire

Color: Red

Describtion of ACC wire:

When you insert key into ignition switch and turn it to the left you are turning on the ACC circuit. It will allow you to operate radio, windows and other accesories, but it does not turn on fuel pump and other engine controls. It saves battery power for when you need to operate vehicle components without engine being on.

The ACC wire offers power/electricity only when you insert car key into ignition switch and turn it to the left

The ACC wire needs to be connected to car igniton

Source: http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_14541_What-is-ACC-wire-what-is-12V-battery-wire-.htm

For the other 3 I'm still confused. I speculate that on the navigation unit, Pin 1 is reverse trigger, Pin 3 is video+, and Pin 5 is video-. I still need to translate these into the camera end of the OEM connector cable:

The speculation is based on tandahome's post:

tandahome said:
So, far we have the following

Top row - left to right
Pin 1 - +6.5V when reverse selected (almost possibly a unregulated 5V supply).
Pin 2 - Does something (possible 0V for use with Pin 1, not confirmed)
Pin 3 - Video Signal In (or +ve)
Pin 4 - not used
Pin 5 - Video Signal Ground (or -ve)
Pin 6 - Connect to ground when camera connected
Bottom row - left to right
Pin 7 - unknown
Pin 8 - unknown
Pin 9 - unknown
Pin 10 - unknown
Pin 11 - unknown
Pin 12 - unknown

Now, pins 1 and 2 are interesting, as I have seen them wired for an outlander rear view camera, which uses 5 wires. Also, for the OEM Lancer EVO install the camera cable only uses 4 wires which are named:
ACC(red), VRV(white), R-EX(blue) and SB1(clear).
The ACC(red), I would have thought means Accessory Power which could be connected to pins 1 or 2. Really need to either get the MMC out and measure or if someone has an OEM cable then they could tell me.

Almost there :)

Update 18/01 13:03 - Information added for Pin 1 and pin 2.
Source: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=300591&page=5

·
Registered
1 Posts

1- red/white = constant 12Vdc out
2- White = Reverse light + signal
3- light green/silver dot =
4- green/silver dot = (+)sense 6.5 Vdc
5- black = ground for constant 12Vdc
6- black= video (-) signal
7- red = video (+) signal
8- lime/silver = (-) sense

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to connect my back up camera but i have to connect it to the positive wire on the reverse light. The wire color is black n the other is red with a silver line. I think the red with silver line is positive one. Which one is the positive +?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts