1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
what does it mean "speed density tune" ? some care to explain :) noob here

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
I am guessing we will get more traffic on this site, so I will post my same question as evom here.

Last I spoke with Tephra he didn't see a reason at all to do speed density as there really isn't a restriction with our MAF.

Any real benefits to this on the X Jon?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Very nice!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
what does it mean "speed density tune" ? some care to explain :) noob here
In a nutshell... makes no use of the MAF sensor. Ever see a car, look at the intake plumbing and think "that's neat and all... but where the hell is the MAF sensor?" Well... speed density.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
In a nutshell... makes no use of the MAF sensor. Ever see a car, look at the intake plumbing and think "that's neat and all... but where the hell is the MAF sensor?" Well... speed density.
Uses the MAP sensor instead.

Speed density is a calculated method of tuning. Using a MAF actually takes data in real time to adjust for boost, timing, fuel blah blah blah. But speed density actually just looks at certain things like RPM, MAP etc and determines this is where fuel, timing etc need to be.

Really bad descriptions by me, I get it but am bad at explaining it haha. Let me wiki it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAP_sensor - one, just ok.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/electronic_fuel_injection/index.html

Prolly better...muscle car dudes though haha :)

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts
Jon said it in the other thread. The Evo 10 SD still uses the MAF sensor for intake air temp, but a large MAF housing causes turbulence which can skew the MAF reading (load) and therefore it isn't a completely smooth reading. Smoother load = smoother timing/fuel

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Jon said it in the other thread. The Evo 10 SD still uses the MAF sensor for intake air temp, but a large MAF housing causes turbulence which can skew the MAF reading (load) and therefore it isn't a completely smooth reading. Smoother load = smoother timing/fuel
which other thread? Just curious, I wouldn't mind reading this.

I am all for a smoother running vehicle :)

So in other words though, its not for power what so ever but for ease of tuning.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts
which other thread? Just curious, I wouldn't mind reading this.

I am all for a smoother running vehicle :)

So in other words though, its not for power what so ever but for ease of tuning.
No, it won't unleash a TON more power, but it will make a difference.

As far as ease of tuning, I can't say cause he is the first on to do this on a 10

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60395

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Awesome!! I see on the graph it says peakboost turbokit, Is this not a bolt on gtx3076?
I would assume not given the nice numbers.

I would guess a t3 style GTX3076. The bolt on ones have been lackluster at best from what I have seen sadly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.