Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m new to Evo X’s and my dad sent me a picture of an Evo X that showed up in his friends junkyard. The engine apparently still runs. It’s a 2010 GSR with 150k+ miles. I’ve been looking into purchasing an Evo X for awhile, to build it with FBO’s and maybe in the future to build the block. I know nothing as I’m a Honda boy. I own a Civic Si on the side so I wouldn’t mind rebuilding the engine. Would it be worth purchasing the high mileage Evo to build or would it just be worth saving the time and purchasing a mid 20-30k mileage Evo X? Thanks all insights are appreciated as I know little to nothing on these cars. Just that it will probably spend most of its time in a garage either way lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m new to Evo X’s and my dad sent me a picture of an Evo X that showed up in his friends junkyard. The engine apparently still runs. It’s a 2010 GSR with 150k+ miles. I’ve been looking into purchasing an Evo X for awhile, to build it with FBO’s and maybe in the future to build the block. I know nothing as I’m a Honda boy. I own a Civic Si on the side so I wouldn’t mind rebuilding the engine. Would it be worth purchasing the high mileage Evo to build or would it just be worth saving the time and purchasing a mid 20-30k mileage Evo X? Thanks all insights are appreciated as I know little to nothing on these cars. Just that it will probably spend most of its time in a garage either way lol.
The most cost effective for building an evo x is buying one that has all the basic bolt ons (exhaust, upper intercooler pipe, 3 port, intake). There you can choose a route of stock frame turbo upgrade for more power similar to stock spool or a t3/t4 turbo upgrade with a new a completely new set up. You'll get the most value out of an evo x with decent mileage that has basic bolt ons or a completely stock car, in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts